Onieda Dust Deputy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently in the process of making a dust cart for the DD and I'm thinking of "hard piping" it.

It's to be connected the the TITAN 350 vacuum.

Does anyone know what size of PVC elbows, diameter of pipe, connections to use?

Regards
Phil

phil p":2wq0u8gq said:
Hi,

I currently in the process of making a dust cart for the DD and I'm thinking of "hard piping" it.

It's to be connected the the TITAN 350 vacuum.

Does anyone know what size of PVC elbows, diameter of pipe, connections to use?

Regards
Phil
I've got something similar and couldn't find a suitable connector for the hose on my Numatic NVD 750 so I adapted and overcame by simply butting the hose up to the cyclone, wrapping with a couple of turns of duct tape and then adding a few cable ties for good measure. Thus far it's been in constant use for three years with no sign of any failure - Rob

Use whatever bodgery that works for you to get to a standard size of pipe that you can get at screwfix/toolsatan etc

gutter down pipe is 68mm but limited fittings (90 degree elbows rare) Waste pipe in 50, 40 and 32 mm bore is readily available.
Soil pipe is measure by OD. French is 100mm and fits flexi hose (buy when on holiday post Covid-19). UK soil pipe is 110mm but possible overkill. It is however easy to use a foaming PU glue to fix 100mm blast gates into 110mm pipe which is about 104 bore and the glue fills the gap nicely.

I found miniline gutter downpipe very handy when doing my cyclones

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Products/Build ... /c/1000242

If you scroll down that page you’ll see a socket for joining pipe to pipe they are very handy as they have three different diameters in a short fitting & can be cut down to fit.
I also found if the pipe is a tad undersized wrapping insulation tape round it soon increases its diameter.

Back