One storage solution

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
As most of us have a workshop the size of a single car garage (of course one or two of us have something larger than an aircraft hanger, know anybody like that Charley?.......) here's my take on storage in a limited space.
noel157-IMG_0004cab0.jpg

Which opens out to this
noel157-IMG_0003cab1.jpg

and this
noel157-IMG_0002Cab2.jpg

Based on something I saw in a magazine a few years ago it's similar to a american style fridge. Although only about 24" in depth it has shelves on the inside of the front doors, shelves on the inside and outside of the inner two doors and shelves on the very back surface. I used to have nearly every wall in the workshop covered in shelves and this cabinet has freed up all nearly all my wall space. Of course filling it up with stuff also gives you the opportunity to make a few runs to the local skip.

Rgds

Noel

Umm I can't think of anybody off hand Noel :wink: Anyway you've done a great job building that storage cabinet :)

Whooaaa Noel that's a brilliant concept. I MUST build one :D

Are the shelves height adjustable? It looks like it.

Could you send me higher res pictures, do you still have my E-mail?

WOW, looks like it can hold more than the Dr. Who's Tardis :D

very impressive Noel

Two questions, how do you know where everything is :?:

and are detailed plans going to be available any time soon :D :D

Well thanks for the interest. No casters, it has to be bolted to the wall at the top, otherwise with the weight in the doors, when open, it'll fall over and squish you.
How do I know where everthing is? I don't...but have a fair idea.
Plans? No, but will have a think...
Adjustable shelves? Yes, although I would have preferred the metal "Tonk" system, just used dowels.
CYC, will try and send you some pics, but not for a fortnight.

Rgds

Noel

I love it Noel!!

Plans would be great - even rough sketches with dimensions on

Cheers

Tony

Hi all,

I recently built one of those beauties and cleared most of the open shelving that I had in my garage. I got the plans from American Woodworker magazine, it was the Dember 2001 edition. It uses 4 sheets of 4x8 3/4 inch ply and 2 sheets 4x8 peg board. All the shelves are adjustable using library standards. You wouldn't want this on casters, it needs bolting to a wall.

I plan to make something similar for a kitchen one day, your entire pantry in one space the size of a large fridge.

If you can't get hold of that edition of the magazine through the back issues department, I could try and scan the article (8 pags) for download. I know this is a copyright infringement, but if there's enough demand I could put them up on my site just for a few days.

Cheers,

J.

Back