One Small Step for....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a rare thing indeed, wish I lived a bit closer to Philly though, I'm sure he needs help keeping all that stuff aired.

Something a little different.

_________ ___click on images for larger view
___________Ash Platter (310 x 205mm)

Now back to cutting up Blanks :roll:

CHJ":24f6u9eg said:
Yes a rare thing indeed, wish I lived a bit closer to Philly though, I'm sure he needs help keeping all that stuff aired.
A pity, Chas (although you are always welcome to come up for the weekend). I could do with someone to prod me into practising my turning :wink:
Also all that timber is just sitting around...... :lol:
Love the square edged platter!
Cheers
Philly :D

Thanks for the offer Philly, have a cousin in Romsey who is owed visits as well so will try and fit something into calendar some time.

Re. Platter; for some reason the urge to slow the workpiece down with the hand was definitely lacking during that piece.

_____A few more from the latter part of September.
__________Cedar of Lebanon (180mm)___Cedar of Lebanon (90mm)____Spalted Birch (130mm)

_____And some of the long suffering readers of this thread may remember the second item I turned:
_________
smDSC00454.JPG

_____From 20+ year old Yew from the village.

_____Well these Six are the remainder of the log that I have now used up, having learnt to live with, if not master, badly cracked very dry (6%) Yew.

_________
________________________________Yew & Sycamore (110 - 130mm)

Chas, will you stop this phenominal rate you keep turning these works of art out at.......you making me feel like giving it all up :shock:

but joking apart, some more lovely work, and you keep on showing it...gives me something to aim for :D

NeilO":30ubpfhl said:
...snip.......you making me feel like giving it all up :shock:

but joking apart, some more lovely work, and you keep on showing it...gives me something to aim for :D

Thanks Neil,

I hope the latter prevails, I have only carried on posting my efforts in the hope that it will encourage others thinking of having a go to try.

By the various communications and comments received to date I think at least four people have found themselves a new pastime as a result, and obviously some others (29,000+ views) have found it worth a look.

This will probably be my last posting of pictures on this thread as at 32 pages long it is becoming somewhat unmanageable.

CHJ":2032phio said:
This will probably be my last posting of pictures on this thread as at 32 pages long it is becoming somewhat unmanageable.

But please start another [-o< - always enjoy pictures of your work,as well as the variety of timbers used. :D

Andrew

Andrew said
But please start another - always enjoy pictures of your work,as well as the variety of timbers used.
I'll second that :D :D

Twister

Chas, you could always claim your writing an encyclopedia of turnings :D :D
or maybe " a year in the life of an amateur turner" .. :lol:

I agree with the others - Please start a new thread.

It's great to see your work progressing - Especailly since at the start of the thread you were new to turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back