One of these days....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
....I will actually contribute something useful to this Forum but until that time eventually arrives I need to ask you all this question.

Where can I buy rolls of zinc strip approx: 25mm wide, at least 2mm thick 10m or so long ?
Before you kindly suggest, Alf, that I search on Google etc I have done so and found wonderful UK suppliers willing to sell exactly what I need but in lengths that would go from here to New York and in rolls that require a forklift to move them. I have tried cutting strips from a sheet of corrugated zinc roofing with aviation snips however this idea crashed and burned and the air turbulance due to swearing was not pleasant.

Any polite suggestions much appreciated :wink:

Dog,

Did you have corrugated zinc roofing ? Most metal corrugated roofing is steel that is zinc coated, not the same thing! You should be able to buy zinc sheet from a builders merchant, its used for flashing on roofs around chimleys, its cheaper than lead that was used for this.

You are quite right Dave, it was zinc coated steel corrugated roofing, I've tried the local builders yards in my area but no joy as yet. I'm really looking for rolls of pre cut zinc strip rather than the sheet itself, but thanks anyway :)

Dog,

Try a local metal prefab workshop? A friendly one will even cut it to size for you.

Rgds

Noel

Now that's a very good idea, we don't have anything like that in my part of the world but you've set the brain thinking and I'll pop down to the local ind. est. and find someone to do it for me!

Cheers.

Back