One of Bobby's Kitchens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another question on levelling: what method is used to ensure the units are level? Is it adjustable feet, then plinth is scribed to the floor?

sammy.se":1p7yr6eb said:
Just another question on levelling: what method is used to ensure the units are level? Is it adjustable feet, then plinth is scribed to the floor?

Yes usually, sometimes we have units to the floor, like a broom cupboard where you can wheel the hoover in, in which case I'll stick a 30mm strip of oak on the bottom of the carcase sides of which 15mm is the scribe to lkevel it up.

Lovely kitchen. I've seen a few of your kitchens but for me I really like this design. I have an upcoming design for our kitchen to do and have a similar sort of space and want to go for a larger central island as well. My Mum's had a recent kitchen and specified almost no cupboards below worktop level, instead having drawers which means she didn't have to bend down as much. My wife has a bad knee so thinking the same. Are there any obvious drawbacks doing that?

Looks lovely Bobby, real quality look to it! - my next job after sash window is the kitchen, I need to work out how to make the shaker in frame cupboard fronts and doors..

Bob....would be interesting if you shared on here as to how you do your face frames....I've been doing then occasionally over the last 30 years.....the older I get the more I realize there are many ways to skin a cat and my way is not always the most effective.
Thanks for the heads up on heavy duty runners.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

porker":3dplrltn said:
Lovely kitchen. I've seen a few of your kitchens but for me I really like this design. I have an upcoming design for our kitchen to do and have a similar sort of space and want to go for a larger central island as well. My Mum's had a recent kitchen and specified almost no cupboards below worktop level, instead having drawers which means she didn't have to bend down as much. My wife has a bad knee so thinking the same. Are there any obvious drawbacks doing that?

Apart from cost, none at all. My own kitchen is mainly drawers, much easier to access the whole cupboard. Here's another kitchen of ours all drawers
b2prOgN.jpg

Thanks Bob, That's exactly what I'm looking for. I know there are some clever insides to some of the drawers to allow different height items and make the most of the space.
Would also be interested in how you do face frames if you don't mind sharing your secrets. Would love to build a kitchen myself but time is my biggest issue. (Skill also but I usually get there in the end).
Wouldn't mind buying the view from your kitchen too!!

doctor Bob":rift6gbh said:
Drop me a PM sometime and I'll show you the easiest way.

Thats really good of you Bob! - i'll gratefully take you up on that offer nearer the time.

doctor Bob":1naq8gvk said:
porker":1naq8gvk said:
Wouldn't mind buying the view from your kitchen too!!

thats a clients kitchen, heres mine and the view

elty9f4.jpg

QkeLxlb.jpg

That is stunning! - both the kitchen and the view! - What sort of timber is the unpainted cupboard Bob? it looks lovely!

Latest posts

Back