One-jab efficacy questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that did strike me about an "expert" on YT (quotes because one man's expert is anothers useful silly person) Is how the NHS was always close to collapse.
In the first instance that's why we had a couple of weeks lockdown.
Then the temporary hospitals were put up, but the NHS was still almost collapsing despite the urgent and desperate need for more o2 provision now met.
Still on the brink of collapse even while those facilities were quietly being dismantled. Not, hooray, we've kept on top of things so well that the NHS can now cope, but still about to go Code Black country wide.
Still the case now despie so many fewer "cases".
If the NHS was running at nearly full capacity like it should do from an efficiency point of view no one would be as worried about being as careful. If it had collapsed the same would be true, nothing I could do would bring the NHS back from the void had it gone there..
14 months of almost collapsing becomes a little less believable. New narrative coming your way soon!

There's no such thing as "collapse" anyway.

His argument is much more than that but it will be wasted on you.
Rorschach is wrong so his argument is wasted on everybody including himself.
Same as you.

Both of you constantly state opinions as fact and when I've presented proof of them being wrong you ignore the evidence.

Both of you constantly state opinions as fact and when I've presented proof of them being wrong you ignore the evidence.

We have both provided evidence for our statements that happens to contradict yours, the fact that you choose not to accept it isn't our problem.

Rorschach is wrong so his argument is wasted on everybody including himself.
Same as you.

Strawman.

You must desist from ad hominem attacks on people. You haven't presented proof of anything. You have just been advocating lockdowns but ignoring the very real side effects of them which will emerge as far worse

So India looking like it might have peaked, seems @Selwyn was right.

Not quite sure why deaths are following cases so closely, usually a 3 week or so lag here, anyone know why that is?

1620851351778.png

1620851384637.png

Strawman.

You must desist from ad hominem attacks on people. You haven't presented proof of anything. You have just been advocating lockdowns but ignoring the very real side effects of them which will emerge as far worse

I hesitate to mention it, but my post contained neither ad hominem nor strawman.

And yes I have presented proof.

Here's one example on non pharmaceutical interventions: The effect of interventions on COVID-19

I have not ignored effects of lockdowns....what you fail to understand is those issues would not have been mitigated by no lockdown. The effects are a result of the pandemic, there never was a choice.

There have been mistakes in the interventions, it's likely effects of those have made things worse.

I hesitate to mention it, but my post contained neither ad hominem nor strawman.

And yes I have presented proof.

Here's one example on non pharmaceutical interventions: The effect of interventions on COVID-19

I have not ignored effects of lockdowns....what you fail to understand is those issues would not have been mitigated by no lockdown. The effects are a result of the pandemic, there never was a choice.

There have been mistakes in the interventions, it's likely effects of those have made things worse.

Opinion stated as facts. Source not credible. Wicker man and ad homonyms.

Hey this is easy! No wonder you do it all the time ;)

So India looking like it might have peaked, seems @Selwyn was right
Well he wasn't right a week ago, when he started saying it had peaked.

We've already established Indias testing numbers have gone down, so a graph doesn't mean much.
A % positive cases would be more useful.

The death graph finishes at a high point...do we know that's the peak?

Opinion stated as facts. Source not credible. Wicker man and ad homonyms.

Hey this is easy! No wonder you do it all the time ;)
I am sorry, I don't understand what point you are attempting to make as my post you quoted includes evidence from a quality, credible source.....which proves NPIs do work.

If you have a valid counter argument, by all means provide one.....I am always open to learn.

I am sorry, I don't understand what point you are attempting to make as my post you quoted includes evidence from a quality, credible source.....which proves NPIs do work.

If you have a valid counter argument, by all means provide one.....I am always open to learn.
Rorschach, every time you are presented with evidence, you avoid answering.

Now why would that be?

This discussion string contains dangerous misinformation and pseudoscience and potentially harmful information if followed. I must insist and politely request that the Administration team remove it.

This discussion string contains dangerous misinformation and pseudoscience and potentially harmful information if followed. I must insist and politely request that the Administration team remove it.

What dangerous misinformation and who made you the person who decides what is or isn't true?

Well he wasn't right a week ago, when he started saying it had peaked.

We've already established Indias testing numbers have gone down, so a graph doesn't mean much.
A % positive cases would be more useful.

The death graph finishes at a high point...do we know that's the peak?

I was pretty much bang on. I could see it from the graphs and data, it was obvious. We will see a slower decline and - miraculously - it will end up looking similar to all the other viral curves. If I was one day out on the peak it doesn't really matter - the virus does not increase exponentially as people kept falling for - its bursts out at speed, then slows rapidly, like all respiratory virus'. This is what covid has been doing all over the world over and over again.

The deaths will probably not decline super quickly in India but stay more static for a bit. Contextually it doesn't appear India's covid wave is too bad compared to the scare stories. I don't here the hysteria for the TB or diareheoa deaths every day.

Remember in the UK we had to massively increase testing and scare the not ill into taking tests incl. mass testing of students to manufacture an increase in positive cases last winter. Covid will probably be back in the winter as it is an endemic diease now and in all probability the double vaccinated old and vulnerable will succumb die and some of these will be covid positive pcr deaths. We can pretend thats the story of why they die but it will just be innaccurate.

I politely suggest you are being a silly billy.

I would agree that NPI have a role. We do agree there.

In fact some npi like providing assistance to the vulnerable, special measures in some environments would have done a huge amount. Stopping people sitting on park benches, monitoring how many people meet in small gatherings, shutting schools etc were henious and not necessary.

We seem to agree that NPI reduce the peak and that lockdown's were ott because the peak had passed when brought in. You will see you've been played eventually :)

I was pretty much bang on. I could see it from the graphs and data, it was obvious. We will see a slower decline and - miraculously - it will end up looking similar to all the other viral curves. If I was one day out on the peak it doesn't really matter - the virus does not increase exponentially as people kept falling for - its bursts out at speed, then slows rapidly, like all respiratory virus'. This is what covid has been doing all over the world over and over again.

The deaths will probably not decline super quickly in India but stay more static for a bit. Contextually it doesn't appear India's covid wave is too bad compared to the scare stories. I don't here the hysteria for the TB or diareheoa deaths every day.

Remember in the UK we had to massively increase testing and scare the not ill into taking tests incl. mass testing of students to manufacture an increase in positive cases last winter. Covid will probably be back in the winter as it is an endemic diease now and in all probability the double vaccinated old and vulnerable will succumb die and some of these will be covid positive pcr deaths. We can pretend thats the story of why they die but it will just be innaccurate.
Cognitive dissonance.

Luckily the UK is well ahead with its vaccine programme so the dangerous misinformation spewing from Selywn and Rorschach is only academic now. In any case, nobody seems to be fooling for it. :ROFLMAO:

Luckily the UK is well ahead with its vaccine programme so the dangerous misinformation spewing from Selywn and Rorschach is only academic now. In any case, nobody seems to be fooling for it. :ROFLMAO:

Are you suggesting that either Selwyn or myself are anti-vaxxers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back