One-jab efficacy questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@rafezetter if you were entitled to SEISS at 80% of your income, why were you not able to survive on this and had to eat into your savings? Does your income not normally cover your outgoings? Did you have extra expenses while not working?
I would have been able to survive quite well on my SEISS payments but I was able to (legally) do some work as well so that topped it up to a reasonable wage for the year.

Why are you quoting from a post that wasn't referring to you?

Masks don't protect you - the virus is not spread by coughing alone. The reason for dentists and nhs workers wearing masks is to capture spit not to prevent minute viral particle emissions - because they don't do that!

You have been scared and propagandized into thinking a mask in a shop "protects" you. It doesn't

Selwyn you keep saying everybody is scared....I hate to say this, but you seem to be awfully scared of absorbing facts and evidence.

What is it you are scared of?

By the way, we all know masks don't protect the wearer.

Their purpose is to reduce the viral load the mask wearer spreads. I am surprised you haven't read this anywhere.

Would you like me to help by posting some evidence about how mask wearing helps...it seems you are struggling to find it.

@rafezetter if you were entitled to SEISS at 80% of your income, why were you not able to survive on this and had to eat into your savings? Does your income not normally cover your outgoings? Did you have extra expenses while not working?
I would have been able to survive quite well on my SEISS payments but I was able to (legally) do some work as well so that topped it up to a reasonable wage for the year.

The SEISS is based on 80% of your profit, it doesn't take in to account what your business costs to run. I still had to pay my workshop rent, all the different types of insurance, standing charges etc for my business despite not working, these are not normally paid out of your profit, your profit is what is left at the end after you have paid all of these.

The SEISS is based on 80% of your profit, it doesn't take in to account what your business costs to run. I still had to pay my workshop rent, all the different types of insurance, standing charges etc for my business despite not working, these are not normally paid out of your profit, your profit is what is left at the end after you have paid all of these.

Nope the SEISS was based on 80% of your net income, so your take home pay basically. So he should have been able to cover 80% of his normal income.

That would be all well and good except for the fact that the government did mandate social distancing and those people are still on the tube, so the pictures prove my point, not yours. Also the government said nothing of the sort about essential workers, if you couldn't work from home you could travel, essential or not. Furloughed people were in industries where they literally couldn't work.

If you say so! :) I don't see it myself!

Why are you quoting from a post that wasn't referring to you?

Masks don't protect you - the virus is not spread by coughing alone. The reason for dentists and nhs workers wearing masks is to capture spit not to prevent minute viral particle emissions - because they don't do that!

You have been scared and propagandized into thinking a mask in a shop "protects" you. It doesn't

Selwyn, you are arguing from a parallel universe. Current NHS training (I know - my daughter just completed it 3 months ago and I helped her revise the materials) is that masks are worn by healthcare works to catch some of the water droplets they exhale as those may contain viral particles. A basic surgical mask captures some of the microscopic particles but to capture all, you need a better filter. This is identical to the concept of dust filtration in woodwork. Even basic hoovers capture some of the smallest dust particles.

I don't see anyone scared by this. I just see you saying things that virtually everyone in the scientific community disagrees with.

To be fair, you created a thread about one of the most controversial and political topics of recent times and didnt put it in the controversial topic forum
The original question was not controversial and the thread remained on track talking for a good while about vaccines. It is the later posts which talk about India and lockdowns where it has gone haywire.

The original question was not controversial and the thread remained on track talking for a good while about vaccines. It is the later posts which talk about India and lockdowns where it has gone haywire.

In regards to the thread title: "one jab efficiency" I am really pleased the UKs rollout has had a massive effect on infection rates.

I am also pleased Europe is now rolling out vaccines at a faster rate....Germany looks to be just a month behind the UK now, and France and Spain not far behind that.

There is a small body of very vocal anti-vaccers anti lockdown people out there. I would think any thread around response to Covid is likely to appeal to them. I think this is what the "controversial" forum was created for. I don't see anything wrong with the discussion up to now and if people are bothered by it, the mods should just move it to the controversial forum.

I think the only way to deal with the anti vaxxers is to point at them and laugh. Would be nice if you could get a crowd of people to join in. Humiliation and ridicule are our weapons in this.

I don't see anything wrong with the discussion up to now and if people are bothered by it, the mods should just move it to the controversial forum.
I think you are correct. I have found much of this thread very interesting. I cannot recall much If any, which is anti vaccine. Rorschach elsewhere has said that if he was a bit overweight he would take the vaccine.

Questioning lockdown and particularly its implementation is very valid. A lot of the restrictions did nothing to stop COVID but a lot to damage mental health, wellbeing and some enjoyment in life, like vilifying a couple on national news for taking their dog for a walk, with the police drone showing how responsible and safe they were being by maintaining a social distance of over 100 metres.

I think it is the circular arguments which get boring.

Questioning lockdown and particularly its implementation is very valid. A lot of the restrictions did nothing to stop COVID but a lot to damage mental health, wellbeing and some enjoyment in life, like vilifying a couple on national news for taking their dog for a walk, with the police drone showing how responsible and safe they were being by maintaining a social distance of over 100 metres

I agree, there have been lockdown mistakes, the police misinterpreting the rules, poor or wrong choice of intervention and perhaps the blunt instrument of national lockdown where some regions had almost no Covid.

but there are some who have a view that lockdowns are against their libertarian view and will use any misleading argument to fit that.

The lockdown happened because of "the people" (being bloody stupid).
Yes I totaly agree, there were an awful lot of people with that attitude of it won't happen to me or it's only like flu and so it spread and started to head in the out of control direction hence lockdown. But go right back and had our leaders the inteligence and will power to put the people first and not place so much emphasis on finance and possibily upsetting their rich sponsors then this virus may not have entered in huge amounts to start with and we would not have needed a lockdown.

I think the only way to deal with the anti vaxxers is to point at them and laugh. Would be nice if you could get a crowd of people to join in. Humiliation and ridicule are our weapons in this.

I'm not anti vax. The vulnerable should take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back