one is miffed...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
... last year was dreadful for the fruit as the summer was one long drought and we had insufficient store of water.

THIS YEAR we were prepared. Two very large swimming pools in the garden, filled up regularly from the pit under the house that collects all the winter rainwater from the roof.

So what happens?? All the fruit trees, especially my beloved cherry, were absolutely covered in blossom. A bumper harvest beckoned.

Oh really!? I thank you, whoever it may be up there. What did it do? It rained thats what it did, continuously, right through the period when those friendly little bees should be out pollenating like mad. They stayed indoors and all the blossom fell off the trees. There is the odd little green cherry but my bumper crop ain't.

Rats. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, if you do choose the wet bit to live in mate? :wink: :wink:

We have had the same so it wouldn't have made much difference and if you have a live mimosa tree around here then you are very lucky after the couple of weeks of sub zero temps we had.

Each year we have been here the weather has been ddifferent!

Have you got your shorts out yet Gordon?

I have :mrgreen: But I'd better be a bit careful tomorrow. Not supposed to crack 20ºC +ve :roll: :roll:

Sorry Adam, did you say something about being a tad cool :twisted: :twisted:

I'll get me coat and hat :roll: Oh, just remembered, I don't need me coat do I :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Plenty of the wet stuff up here too. The cherry has fruitlets already so I think will be OK. Too soon to see whether the apple and pear blossom will also bear fruit. Rhubarb on the other hand is going mad..

cheers

Andy

Jonzjob":ls4tac6d said:
Have you got your shorts out yet Gordon?

With legs like mine, its a rare event. We are expecting around 20 - 23 degrees today though plus the odd thunder storm or two just to knock the rest of the fruit off.

Won't see the outside much today though. One is cooking for ten this evening, its a sort of celebration (late) for my 65th and potential though unlikely retirement :eek:ccasion5:

The two main curries are done and in the fridge but we still need the two main vege dishes, the onion bhajis, the chapatis, the popudums, the onion salad, the yoghurt dip and various other sundries!!! All fresh home made of course and so much better than the two companies offering curries in this region, who, I suspect, just put ready packaged stuff in the microwave. :roll:

And Ronnie says, "oh you are a much better cook than me, why don't you do it all"

I love my wife - really.

I'm on me way mate! If this post gets all funny It's 'cause I is drooling over the key board!

Happy birthday by the way. 65 ehh. You should think yer sell lucky, I had to retire just before I were 50! Amost 18 years ago now. JC and his 12 mates, I hadn't realised it was that long back :shock: :shoc

Bon appétit ce soir :mrgreen:

Hey you two stop it. Decent curry is one of the few things I miss :( Do you make you own chapatis & poppadoms as well. We get half decent frozen naans from Picard but tres tres cher

John, do you know where he lives? I reckon Charante is only about 6 hours away from here, I am sure he could manage two more.

Andy

dedee":rndgz2b4 said:
Do you make you own chapatis & poppadoms as well.

Hi Andy,

Yes indeed, the breads and the onion bhajis are really easy. Five minute job (although I must admit I keep a few packs of ready made poppadums in the cupboard just in case!!)

We started missing the curries too so I did what I have always done if I either can't get something or can't afford something....

......DIY of course.

Its now become something of a ritual around here. Gordon and Ronnie's for curry tonight =P~ =P~ =P~

Gordon's Blue. He would rather be turning. Talking of which, I need another platter/bowl for the bread - better go and make it then 8)

Back