One for woodworkers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
O'Toole worked in the lumber yard for twenty years and all that time he'd been stealing the wood and selling it. At last his conscience began to bother him and he went to confession to repent.

"Father, it's 15 years since my last confession, and I've been stealing wood from the lumber yard all those years," he told the priest.

"I understand my son," says the priest. "Can you make a Novena?"

O'Toole said, "Father, if you have the plans, I've got the lumber."

For thickies, or non believers like me,

A novena (from Latin: Novem, meaning Nine) is an institutional act of religious devotion in the Roman Catholic Church, often consisting of private or public prayers repeated for nine successive days in hopes of obtaining special intercessory graces.

Or it could be

Novena is a town in Singapore, and is within the Central Region. The area falls under the Novena Planning Area, an urban planning zone under the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
It is served by the North South MRT Line at the Novena MRT Station.

The town wasn't there when I wer there from 1966 to 69?

Non believer myself thanks for the explanation. I must also be a thicko as I still don't quite get it as if novena is an act how can you "make a" act?

Hudson Carpentry":3c2upwoq said:
Non believer myself thanks for the explanation. I must also be a thicko as I still don't quite get it as if novena is an act how can you "make a" act?

In a similar way to making a gesture I expect. :wink:

Latest posts

Back