One for Jim?...name stamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcros":1qq23ex4 said:
I believe that it was http://www.spanglefish.com/metalstamps/

if not, then Jimi43 will correct me

Indeed it is.

Tell Ian I recommended him to you....via UKW.

You never know...you might get a discount!

Whatever happens...you will not be disappointed!

What are you going to use it for? FYI...the zig zag border of old stamps is a very easy way of checking the correct depth of penetration has been reached...when they disappear it's deep enough. That is one of the by-products of that design I noticed after I got it!

Cheers

Jim

jimi43":afb4h82z said:
marcros":afb4h82z said:
I believe that it was http://www.spanglefish.com/metalstamps/

if not, then Jimi43 will correct me

Indeed it is.

Tell Ian I recommended him to you....via UKW.

You never know...you might get a discount!

Whatever happens...you will not be disappointed!

What are you going to use it for? FYI...the zig zag border of old stamps is a very easy way of checking the correct depth of penetration has been reached...when they disappear it's deep enough. That is one of the by-products of that design I noticed after I got it!

Cheers

Jim
I'm just going to use it to mark my initials on any future pieces that I make. I mark the month and year in Roman numerals, which is quite easy to do with a 6mm chisel, but RJS is a bit more of a problemo, at least to get something that looks half respectable - Rob

Ah...good idea. They do make each piece a little special and I intend to get my name done as well for ownership marking...after all...everyone else has marked their custodianship on various gems that have a long history.

I probably won't put a zig-zag on that stamp though as I think the contemporary attributes of each stamp indicate the age and I would't want to fool anyone in the future! :wink:

You will find Ian most accommodating...his attention to personal requirements is second to none.

Cheers

Jim

The Intaglio type are probably easier to make but require a lot more pressure to achieve a good result.
Ok for end grain but not so easy on long hardwood grain?
The Incuse type where the letters protrude are much easier to use.
Ian is great to deal with - I had one of each type made with letters about 1/8" high - he can go down to 1/16" but prefers no to.

6d9a6930-d35a-0f05.jpg

Rod

Alf":1rypdg6m said:
The ambitious (or cheap - like me!) could have a go at making their own.

Very interesting ALF and nice of Peter to make a name stamp for me! :mrgreen:

One has to put a slight note to that article....Peter is an absolute genius....I think it might be wise to take that into account!

:mrgreen:

Jim

Back