One Beech chopping board later ;-)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
One .50p Beech chopping board and a bit of 3mm ply later

Steve Good pattern

Did the same one for my brother a couple of years ago

Attachments

• Clip426.jpg
    Clip426.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 434
  • Clip427.jpg
    Clip427.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 433
  • Clip428.jpg
    Clip428.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 433
Cracking job! you should see my attempts as doing scrollwork they always look VERY rough unlike yours lol

Very nice! And ... I hate to be that guy, but where did you source a Beech chopping board for .50p please? :wink:

Ahh but your intarsia work knock mine into a cocked hat

If I could produce works half as good as yours I would be a very happy man

Claymore":1eb7muh2 said:
Cracking job! you should see my attempts as doing scrollwork they always look VERY rough unlike yours lol

From my favourite source for most things, the car boots

On that occasion I came away with one Beech and one Bamboo chopping board for .50p each both still in their original wrappers, I learned long ago not to bother with used chopping boards as the food remains in the wood and will go mouldy even if bleached

Same day I bought two No 5 planes again for .50p each

Last boot sale I only came away with a couple of bits, one being a shelf, one of those pine remanufactured jobs you see in most DIY places, again for my favourite .50p, but its 3ft x 8" wide and wide timber is not only expensive its not so easy to get round here, I like those shelves as even if used they are rarely tainted with food

Sorry if you thought there was somewhere selling chopping boards for .50p ;-)

JSW":6vj5hs0v said:
Very nice! And ... I hate to be that guy, but where did you source a Beech chopping board for .50p please? :wink:

I must start going to car boots again. Thanks for the info re: used boards, won't make that mistake!

whatknot":10djfxlv said:
Ahh but your intarsia work knock mine into a cocked hat

If I could produce works half as good as yours I would be a very happy man

Claymore":10djfxlv said:

Cheers, its just practice and patience once you have a go you will get hooked.....i like the fact that you can use tiny bits of scrap hence reason i have LOADS of plastic dustbins/lids full of it lol but also have a load of wood from the woodland drying up in the rafters for special jobs. Wilkinsons used to sell some small wooden chopping boards cheap....will have a look next time i go.
Cheers :D

Latest posts

Back