On the lighter side

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Byrne

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a question for all of you on that side of the pond. How come you always get to be first. First to see thanksgiving, first to see Christmas.etc.
Where is it etched in stone, thou shall be first. 8)
I would like to first sometime. :D
Please take time to enlighten this poor country boy :oops:
And remember that my skin is thicker that it looks :wink:

Comments requested
Travis

Hello John
You may have something there. I reminds me when I was kid, the trick was to lick your ice cream cone and make it last as long as possible :lol:
Travis

Travis - Welcome to UKW - But we get Christmas etc. one hour before those Brits :) So why not come to CZ for your next holiday & if you get the right flight home you can have it all over again :lol: BTW glad you've not let the other post ref. election faze you. The poor Brits are absolutely deluged with TV coverage of US elections to the extent that anybody with a brain generaly feels like throwing a brick at the TV :wink: We had about two hours coverage spread over the week which was more than enough for me.

Travis, my other passion is restoring classic cars and some of the best rust free British Classics can be found in the good old US of A, or on the west coast anyway. To this end every few years you will find me traveling to California to ship a container full of parts and/or cars back. Alright they are not only British, i do source German and Italian cars/parts too, but my heart is really in to saving anything British.

Anyway the point of all this is, on new years eve when i am sitting in a LA bar with a nice cold beer in my hand waiting for the clock to strike 12, it is 2am in Oklahoma and you have already been seeing the new year in for 2 hours.
But i must admit for the rest of the year here in the UK i will doing everything 6 hours before you.

Oh well i am sure you didn't really want to know any of this.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards

Woody

Travis

You are always first with thanksgiving as we don't have the forefathers and don't celebrate thanksgiving :)

Travis,

Is it true that Thanksgiving is the 'main event' rather than Christmas, and do we blame Coca Cola for inventing Father Christmas?

Ike

most certaintly the first to have movie stars as politicians

steve

Ike wrote:

and do we blame Coca Cola for inventing Father Christmas?

Not sure we can blame Coca Cola for actually inventing the old fella, but if memory serves they are responsible for him wearing red. Didnt he used to be green before that to herald the passing of winter and coming of spring?

Steve.

Didnt he used to be green before that to herald the passing of winter and coming of spring?

Well the old pipper ought to stay in his box 'til Easter if that's the case! :lol:

And Holland get him first at about dec 6th....

I get the feelin that if stores had their way... we'd be puttin up with him from July....

Welcome aboard Travis..

Back