Olson Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretnot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to purchase my first blades, can anyone tell me the difference between Olson PGT Double and Olson PTG Skip blades. I understand that 'Skip' skips a tooth, but would like to understand the difference in the quality of cut that they give.
Thanks
Diane

Hello Diane,
I have been scrolling now for a long time and for any sort of fine work (I mainly do fret work - as opposed to portraits) I always use the Olson blades. For fine work on timber of less than 6mm I use the # 2/0 skip tooth reverse. Timber thicker than that I will probably go up the #2, skip tooth rev. Reverse blades are a must....they reduce sanding to practically zero. The Olsons are not as aggresive as a lot of others and give you more time to think, plus they turn a lot better, I find. I don't think I have ever had a better finish than with with the skip tooth rev.

For more "open" work I use the F/D ultra reverse. They are an exceptional blade as well.

But having said this, blades are a very personal thing - nearly everyone has their own preference.

Hope this helps

Noel

Thanks Noel, that's very helpful.

Can you tell me where you buy yours?

Thanks
Diane

Back