Old Sedgwick planer/thicknesser -model number, etc., wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seeall

Reaction score
Hi,
I've found a Sedgwick planer/thicknesser machines in a garden, this afternoon. Apart from surface rust the machine appears to be in 'good condition.'
I've managed to take a few measurements, etc., from which I hope you will be able to identify the model number.

Colour Green
Height to top of tables 860 mm
Width 490 mm
Depth 640 mm

Infeed Table 530 x 324 mm
Rebate 16 mm
Outfeed table 530 x 338 mm

Thicknesser 300 mm x 200 mm

View from rear
2 motors are in the cabinet.

Left-hand-side motor bottom of cabinet with toothed sprocket driving chain to both feeds.
Right-hand-side motor bottom of cabinet drives cutterblock via Fenner V-belt.

View from front

Towards the bottom of the cabinet is an Aluminium panel with the name SEDGWICK in red capitals, this is just underneath the 200 mm solid thicknesser adjustment wheel.

I was not able to take photographs, and because of its weight I was unable to move the machine.

I hope this is enough to identify the machine and its year of manufacture.

Are their any casting numbers, or other identifying marks, which I should look for?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Any help, manual/photographs will be appreciated.

Regards.

following on from my request yesterday, I've carried-out a further inspection of the machine. It's a 3PH model, the power feed is via a single speed reduction gearbox attached to the 0.5HP motor.

The following letters and numbers are stamped into the infeed table rebate: MB V 612. I hope this makes it easier to identify the model.

Best wishes,

Jeff

I don't really understand what you're after, you already know it's a Sedgwick MB model from your past posts asking for a manual for it. The machines really haven't changed much over the last 50 years so I don't think you'll be needing a manual specific to its age, the manual is easy enough to find on google.

Thank you for your response.

This is a different machine to the last one I asked about a handbook for last time. That machine was completely overhauled, refurbished and sold on. The differences between this machine and the other two Sedgwick planer/thicknesser machins I've refurbished are more than subtle.

I've contacted Sedgwick who are in the process of tracking this exact variant.

Latest posts

Back