Old Rabone Boxwood Rules

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any online Rabone catalogues / research resources.
My latest find is No 1155, with a compassed main hinge, not one I’ve seen previously.
There seems to have been so many types produced, marketing gimmick for some am sure.

Last edited:
No probs there's a few in here from the 1938 marples catalogue

Attachments

• John Rabone and Sons 1938.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 7
If it's the same as this one with the Hockley Park trade mark it was made between 1871 and 1877 they changed to rabone and sons in 1877
Screenshot_20220303-075452_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220303-075433_Samsung Internet.jpg

A slight aside but I have a 2ft old folding Radbone rule which was my grandfather's during his trade as a Master Carpenter. (I'm over 70!) It could do with a bit of a clean so how would the wooden ruler experts suggest I go about this? Thanks.

If it's the same as this one with the Hockley Park trade mark it was made between 1871 and 1877 they changed to rabone and sons in 1877
View attachment 130801View attachment 130802
I believe it’s prob prior to Rabone & Sons, unfortunately one side is quite worn, but can just make out the text.
Ive unintentionally collected several now, lots of common types, this one caught my attention just because I’d not seen the main hinge, marked off with degrees, like this.

Back