Old power tools you still have, and which still function.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Black and Decker DNJ62, two speed power drill I bought in about 1975. Still works perfectly, about 46 years old. I also have a B&D jig saw from the same time, which also works.
If it's the orange one with the flip gearbox I have the same one + lathe + sanding disc attachments.

Also a green Bosch circular saw and naerok pillar drill if they count?!

Cheers James

Festo track saw from 1993 or thereabouts. That and a Hitachi pillar drill from the 1960s. Was my great grandfather's passes for my grandfather and now mine in the 4th generation.

I also have a kity 637 from the 1970s from what I can figure out

If it's the orange one with the flip gearbox I have the same one
That's the one, Built like a tank and weighs almost the same. When I fired it up earlier to make sure it still works, I was looking for the reverse switch to open the chuck quickly. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . What a numpy!.

I have the long handle Makita cordless. Must have bought it in 1991. If I remember rightly I was still serving my time and earning around £60 pw and the drill was around £150. The batteries are long since dead though there is no reason the drill shouldn’t work.

I have an all metal body Wolf power drill that was my grandfather's. Only use it now to run a twist drill sharpening jig. Guess it was probably purchased late 50s early 60s. Built like a tank. Only thing I've had to do with it is change the brushes

Early b & d had large armatures proper hobbed gears and a manganese alloy body I still use one as a polishing rig real worhorse only thing that let's them is chuck size

If you turn those prices from 1975 into 2020… you will have a good comparison
I have the long handle Makita cordless. Must have bought it in 1991. If I remember rightly I was still serving my time and earning around £60 pw and the drill was around £150. The batteries are long since dead though there is no reason the drill shouldn’t work.
If the batteries are dead, most would call that not working!
My last car worked perfectly except the brakes

A Denbiegh No 2 floor standing pillar drill, mid twenties and another un-named bench drill that is probably slightly older. Also the ubiquitous B&D orange bodied pistol drill and until I was given a new bandsaw, my old JCB bench bandsaw, still works, but retired.

i bought 5 of those long handled Makita's when I came back from Calif.....had to use an industrial 110v trans to use the orig charger to charge em....
you coudn't buy anything like it then....
surpisingly advanced for the time....B+D still had a service n spares shop in Salford then.....always busy....!!!!!!! lol....

It may be cheating, but I collect old power tools. The oldest I have is a 1926 Black and Decker drill, made in the USA, still works fine.

Latest posts

Back