Old Planes & Chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajsimmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this lot for £50. Now I've just got to restore them!
I've just seen Andy T's posts on restoration, so a big thank you to him in advance. (PS. Chisels are already very sharp).
IMG_20210303_122629.jpg
IMG_20210303_122600.jpg

Just a quick tip have a specific area separate from your work bench to sharpen / flatten / clean tools saves getting rust and steel filing in your workbench.

Cheers James

Aiya I wish I could afford the shipping from the UK to Ireland. I see tremendous tools being sold for very little - comparitively speaking - at GB auctions...

+1 for having a seperate bench or area, I got oily rusty slurry from a plane restoration on my bench, and it stained a length of wood I had painstakingly dovetailed... :(

I cannot tell from the pictures, but the #4 size plane looks suspiciously like a 4 1/2, and if so is probably worth more than the whole bundle!

Regardless, a gloatworthy acquisition

Eric

I cannot tell from the pictures, but the #4 size plane looks suspiciously like a 4 1/2, and if so is probably worth more than the whole bundle!

Regardless, a gloatworthy acquisition

Eric
Wow, thanks Eric.
I'll take a closer look and post a picture, (as I know nothing about planes, never used one since school 100 years ago)!

Thought it was time to learn.

Ali

Latest posts

Back