Old jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason.p

Reaction score
I bought this jointer many years ago. I fitted a motor and stand etc. but I've no idea what make it is, I can't find any identification Mark's. It's 6 inch and has 2 cutters on the block. As you can see it has no guard I made the crude but pretty useless one you can see. Can I get a guard for it? and can anyone identify it for me, just out of interest. Thanks
20220202_171654.jpg
20220202_171724.jpg

Ive got no idea im afraid, but you could make a guard out of wood.... easy to shape and it wont do any harm if the guard touches the cutters at some point.

Google vintage planer and see what you find👍

Try a short length of roof guttering. You get 3" mini flow from B@Q. I made one for my old planer as I managed to misplace it.
Alasdair

Had another look at photo. Is there a logo or mark on the top of the knob at the guard you made?
Alasdair

Had another look at photo. Is there a logo or mark on the top of the knob at the guard you made?
Alasdair
Looks like one of those saw tooth washers.... but good shout on the mini gutter. A couple of timber semi circles in the ends to stiffen it up 👍

Latest posts

Back