old growth redwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the cill I did last week. I was basically clad in code 3 lead. constructed to match a stone one on the first floor( held together with bolts underneath) but it was common to have no cill on Georgian stuff straight on to the stone .

Attachments

• 20211105_161315.jpg
    20211105_161315.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 30
Desch and Dinwoodie are a good read if you can get hold of a copy without having to sell a kidney first, that is.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timber-Structure-Properties-Conversion-Use/dp/0333609050
6th edition 1981 with slightly different title, arrived. Seems to be the same book unless 7th edition very revised. Only £7 paper back. Some bedtime reading ahead!
PS just checked "Since the sixth edition of this classic text/reference was published in 1981, there have been so many developments in the field that the new seventh edition represents an almost total rewrite of the subject matter. " oops, oh well!

I got a copy of hasluck from amazon. they had an original for £123! the very poor copy was readable but only £16. I think it was published in 1907. what a marvelous book. I reckon about 75% is totally irrelevant nowadays. but the other 25% is superb. highly recommended. his middle name was nooncreebtw Paul n hasluck he died in 1931

Back