• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

old growth redwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

johnnyb

Established Member
Joined
13 Nov 2006
Messages
1,855
Reaction score
358
Location
Biddulph staffs
this is the cill I did last week. I was basically clad in code 3 lead. constructed to match a stone one on the first floor( held together with bolts underneath) but it was common to have no cill on Georgian stuff straight on to the stone .
 

Attachments

  • 20211105_161315.jpg
    20211105_161315.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 30

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Joined
7 Jul 2010
Messages
22,127
Reaction score
2,376
Location
Derbyshire
Desch and Dinwoodie are a good read if you can get hold of a copy without having to sell a kidney first, that is.


....
6th edition 1981 with slightly different title, arrived. Seems to be the same book unless 7th edition very revised. Only £7 paper back. Some bedtime reading ahead!
PS just checked "Since the sixth edition of this classic text/reference was published in 1981, there have been so many developments in the field that the new seventh edition represents an almost total rewrite of the subject matter. " oops, oh well!
 

johnnyb

Established Member
Joined
13 Nov 2006
Messages
1,855
Reaction score
358
Location
Biddulph staffs
I got a copy of hasluck from amazon. they had an original for £123! the very poor copy was readable but only £16. I think it was published in 1907. what a marvelous book. I reckon about 75% is totally irrelevant nowadays. but the other 25% is superb. highly recommended. his middle name was nooncreebtw Paul n hasluck he died in 1931
 
Top