Old git looking for work - 2 days per week

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone out there looking for an extra pair of hands in their workshop? I like to think of myself as an improver joiner - wannabee cabinet maker - boat builder - timber framed construction - anything to do with wood really.

I bring to the table plenty of ambition and a willingness to learn. Check out my woodworking skills at www.andonart.com (I have made everything on there).
I am 57 and live in the Sandy, Bedfordshire area. I am an industrial/commercial electrician by trade, but am fed up with having the life sucked out of me by being on site and having to deal with idiots on a daily basis.

PM me if you would like further details.

Thanks

bowmaster":115zm4l9 said:
............. but am fed up with having the life sucked out of me by being on site and having to deal with idiots on a daily basis.

I'm curious as to why you think there are no idiots in woodworking sucking the life out of people?

screwpainting":1pdvu2pe said:
Define Idiots.

With age comes wisdom and answering that question could open a world of pain and abuse.....so I'll leave it as the general term of 'idiots' rather than being specific......your definition of an silly person may well be different to mine.

doctor Bob":3a7ieio0 said:
I'm curious as to why you think there are no idiots in woodworking sucking the life out of people?

Site idiots are a totally different kettle of fish, they seem to survive a long time on sites and spend about 60% of the day on their phone, 20% of it messing around an 10% of it actually working.

Idiots in joinery shops tend to get weeded out when they lose fingers! By machine or by my own hand :)

Trevanion":1gfsh5o9 said:
doctor Bob":1gfsh5o9 said:

Site idiots are a totally different kettle of fish, they seem to survive a long time on sites and spend about 60% of the day on their phone, 20% of it messing around an 10% of it actually working.

Idiots in joinery shops tend to get weeded out when they lose fingers! By machine or by my own hand :)
doctor Bob":1gfsh5o9 said:
bowmaster":1gfsh5o9 said:
............. but am fed up with having the life sucked out of me by being on site and having to deal with idiots on a daily basis.

.......10% of it actually working - blimey - that's more than some sparks I know :shock:

Oh I'm sure there are and I'd like to think that I am able to recognise such a situation. I'm not desperate for full time work and should an opportunity arise I will try to ensure that it is right for me (if that's even possible without spending time in the job).

Trevanion":2r84zplh said:
doctor Bob":2r84zplh said:

.........Idiots in joinery shops tend to get weeded out when they lose fingers! By machine or by my own hand :) - is that why they can't ever count to 10? :)

bowmaster":1nkw2o1h said:
screwpainting":1nkw2o1h said:
Define Idiots.

With age comes wisdom and answering that question could open a world of pain and abuse.....so I'll leave it as the general term of 'idiots' rather than being specific......your definition of an silly person may well be different to mine.

I think you may be over qualified for my definition so I agree :? (homer)

Latest posts

Back