Old age.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug B":3n4qd8yb said:
For me, anything by Nat King Cole.

I used to despair when my parents and their friends sat and listened to Jim Reeves. He has obviously improved over time, as I am now thinking about buying his greatest hits album. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad, or what?? :x :x

Mike

VERY TIMELY ADVICE FOR MALES WHO HAVE REACHED A CERTAIN AGE

1-4.jpg

An old guy was working out in the gym when he spotted a sweet young thing...

2-5.jpg

He asked the trainer that was near-by, "What machine in here should I use to impress that sweet thing over there?"
The trainer looked him up and down and said, ..............................

"I would try the ATM in the lobby."

For me, the classic answer to 'are you getting to be an old fart' was, 'when I see an attractive young girl, I think, I wonder what her mother is like?' :roll:
As to music, mine couldn't be more different. I doubt whether any of you have heard of most of the people in my collection.
Blind Boy Fuller, Rev. Gary Davis, Spider John Koerner, Anouar Brahem, Stefan Grossman.......... any takers?

Regards.....Dick.

Cegidfa":3n3joqjc said:
For me, the classic answer to 'are you getting to be an old fart' was, 'when I see an attractive young girl, I think, I wonder what her mother is like?' :roll:
As to music, mine couldn't be more different. I doubt whether any of you have heard of most of the people in my collection.
Blind Boy Fuller, Rev. Gary Davis, Spider John Koerner, Anouar Brahem, Stefan Grossman.......... any takers?

Regards.....Dick.

Are they also known as The Spice Girls ? :wink:

Cegidfa":37vc1ech said:
...As to music, mine couldn't be more different. I doubt whether any of you have heard of most of the people in my collection.

Regards.....Dick.

Old people know about music, Dick--but I don't know any of yours. My wife inherited my mother-in-law's CD collection, and though I'm not a country music fan, her Hank Williams greatest hits and BR-549 albums have entered my regular rotation. Not her dozen Canadian Brass CD's, though.

Kirk
We like both kinds--country and western.

RGD and Stefan Grossman: my favourites!

I knew I was old when the barber started asking if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed each time I visited :)

Ian

Are they also known as The Spice Girls ?

Hello Roger,

Now that would be one hell of a trick, if you could pull it off.
Three of them would require the CGI skills of Pixar, and the other two would need resurrection :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards...Dick.

Old people know about music, Dick--but I don't know any of yours.

Hello Kirk,

You cheeky young whippersnapper :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not bad, from someone who's machinery is mostly antidiluvian :) :) :)

Keep up the joshing........

Regards...Dick.

Hello Ian (Silverbirch),

I suppose that there had to be another blues oriented person out there, but I was beginning to wonder :shock: :)

Did, or do you play guitar by any chance; now that would rarer than hen’s teeth - a blues loving, guitar playing, woodaholic? :shock: :) :)

Have you ever seen either of the gents at a concert? I know that Stefan has played in Scotland at the Ullapool guitar festival.

Being in South London at the time, we saw Stefan a number of times at the Les Cousins folk cellar, and I had the rare pleasure of seeing the Rev. at a concert in South London, back in the seventies. He was a bit frail by then, but the personality and charisma absolutely shone through - an amazing experience.

Had you upset your pooch before taking his picture, he/she looks a bit annoyed :wink:
If you feel like a natter, please feel free to PM me.

Regards....Dick.

I know I must be old.

When I have my weekly toasted fruit-loaf at Asda, the young lady behind the counter says. 'You go and sit down my love, and I'll bring your toast to you!'

There's some benefits after all! :D

Here's another Jazz/Blues guitar player who loves wood-a-hollically too! Noted?

\:D/

Jonzjob":2v5qxlet said:
Now here's a bunch worth listening to!!

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/le-live/

More video at the bottom of the page..

They had a spot on the 'One Show' the other night. (Think it was the One Show) or it might have been Breakfast!

Not bad, but not really my taste Jon.
Pleasant enough though, certainly better than Beyonce!

:D

Back