Old age.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
They say that you're getting older when the police officers start to look younger, I wouldn't know, I don't have a lot to do with them, but my 15 yr old grandson reckons that I'm antediluvian, or he would if his English extended that far of course.
Reason? Music! I told him that I had purchased a burial plot and head stone dedicated to music as it has died, or been murdered. Is it my age?

Roy.

I reckon you're getting old when none of your joints want to work in the way they used to, and your eldest child gets to 40 years of age. :( :( :(

Personally, I qualify on the first point (and have done for a couple of years or more) and will qualify on the second point in just over two years time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mike

I feel deprived, (or should that be depraved?) we don't have any Lollipop ladies locally.

Roy.

I felt old when I took my eldest daughter to 1st school and discovered I was older than her teacher (who by the way was absolutely gorgeous, but thats another story)

Stew

Funny that when I was young I always fancied older women :mrgreen: , now it's the other way around but I think I'd have less success in getting them :(

I recon you're old when you can't be bothered to flirt anymore, though as you get older you get less fussy about who you do flirt with (gender excluded :) ).

Also when your wife doesn't mind you doing it as she knows you haven't a cat in hells chance of pulling :lol: :lol:

Bob

Don`t worry about the young whipper snapper Roy, who doesn`t love Jeanette Macdonald & Nelson Eddy, keep spinning those 38`s, it`ll keep you young at heart if nothing else.

When I was a young apprentice to a real old Sage ,one of best bits of advice I was dished out was "If you ever get the chance of a bit grab it :mrgreen: as the day will come youll never get the chance" how true those words were :lol:

To be honest Doug I don't think anything in the music line during the last 20 yrs can even approach 'Unchained Melody', 'Are you Lonesome Tonight?', 'It's Now or Never,' the 'Liverpool Anthem' or dozens like them, in fact I suspect that the top selling disc of 12 months ago has probably been forgotten by now.

Roy.

For me, anything by Nat King Cole.

Few can compare. The popularity of singers like NKC, Satchmo and Ella Fitzgerald did much to improve the standing of black people in the eyes of the Britsh public.

Roy.

Not long ago I went to the local high school for a course offered during the day, as in with the kids in the halls as well. After a short time I was accepted by the younguns as a pretty OK old fart. While eating lunch in my van in the parking lot I listened to music each noon. While I was listening to the Kinks one day a lad approached and asked " they sound cool , are they new?" Did not have the heart to explain just how long Ray Davies has been around. For the rest of the term I was the go to guy for tunes. Go figure huh.

You've confirmed what I have often suspected, that people buy what is available, not necessarily what they want.

Roy.

DIY Stew":1mv6rphp said:
I felt old when I took my eldest daughter to 1st school and discovered I was older than her teacher (who by the way was absolutely gorgeous, but thats another story)

Stew

My daughter's first grade teacher was in her early 20's (way younger than me) and amazingly hot. Still memorable, even though my daughter is now a freshman in college.

Kirk

henton49er":1my6b2iz said:
I reckon you're getting old when none of your joints want to work in the way they used to, and your eldest child gets to 40 years of age. :( :( :(

Personally, I qualify on the first point (and have done for a couple of years or more) and will qualify on the second point in just over two years time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mike
I must be a right old dinosaur as my son was 53 last week !!!!
Frank.

Latest posts

Back