Okay. So what is this? A maul/dummy/mallet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've been sold on modernity over here, I guess. We have noisy little grinders to bust up anything that would've been done mortar and pestle.

I do now recall that my grandmother had a smaller one, but when my grandfather died, it didn't have a pestle big enough for her to take to her room :)

My wife thinks we should have something bedside. Look away UK folks if you're sensitive - when we didn't have kids, I had a .45 in the nightstand. I never figured I'd actually get it out so the few times something fell in the house and we couldn't tell if someone was in it, I left it behind. The real purpose for the .45 was to reload and shoot targets on the weekend. Now, with kids, the time to do that is gone, the ability to just leave things like that laying in drawers is gone, and the firearms are all gone, too.

- thinking on how useful this pestle looks as a bedside billy, I figured I'd see if anyone ever made a billy called a "pestle billy" and google brings up a site of chinese weapons. Guess what they call a short club with a fat end (and one that's all wood intended for swinging at people). "A pestle billy club".

At least someone else agree's with granny's thoughts. Those of us who are men and who think we're invincible probably don't have a good concept of what it feels like to be granny and dream someone is in the house and wake up.

I don't have a P&M for the kitchen, not really found a need for one so far.

I do have a small ceramic one in the workshop, I use it to grind borax crystals for fluxing.

Back