oil and wax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a recipe on a traditional tainted paste wax polish when i came across something else.

After the desired number of coats of oil, the final coat is created from the below.

3/4 a pint of boiled linseed oil is heated up and an ounce of beeswax melted in the pot. this mix is then applied hot so that it soaks in to the wood.

Has anybody else used this? Is it just the old equivalent of todays hardwax oils?

I was looking for a recipe on a traditional tainted paste wax polish when i came across something else.

After the desired number of coats of oil, the final coat is created from the below.

3/4 a pint of boiled linseed oil is heated up and an ounce of beeswax melted in the pot. this mix is then applied hot so that it soaks in to the wood.

Has anybody else used this? Is it just the old equivalent of todays hardwax oils?
Just come across this as I'm researching wood finishes interesting am wondering when this practice dates back to and its origins

it sounds like traditional boiled linseed oil where they heated up pure linseed oil, you need to get the temperiture right, not sure why they would put in wax unless it does add some extra protection, never heard of that before.

Latest posts

Back