Oh well

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when metrifrikashun first cam in and the wood suddenly went mm . A mate of mine went to his usual wood yard and asked for some 2 X 4. "Ah" says the bloke in there "it ain't 2 X 4 now mate. It's 50 X 100". "OK" says me mate "as long as it's the same size I don't care what it's called. How much is it?" The reply was "10p a foot"

Prize.

Gordon, I could get very upset at being called slapdash! I'll have you know that I work to very tight tollarences and never let them go beyond +- 1/2"

"Thats why I got my planes skimmed on the cylinder head machine."

I'll bet that increased the compression ratio, does it make them harder to push. I usually leave my planes as per the plan.

c'est moi and my 10' span Minimoa on Selsley Common. Lovely plane :mrgreen:

MEMINIMOAA.jpg

Jonzjob":zq75h4y3 said:
No, it doesn't do it, but it does look beautiful and is a real pleasure to fly!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6ppingen_G%C3%B6_3
Certainly looks pretty. Looks a bit small to carry your weight - not that I'm suggesting anything of course.

My brother used to make model aircraft but it was always the powered variety. I remember most of them being very good at stalls and nosedives.

I always preferred model cars - feet on the ground type me (on wheels which touch the ground anyway).

PsyMan":3de8cvz5 said:
If they did not want you to use Impetric, why put both on all of my tape measures eh?
Speaking of which, Axminster, et al make a point of offering metric only tape measures (fair enough, I even own such a device myself), but I want an imperial only one. Anyone know a supplier?

Before anybody suggests car boots sales, in my part of the world there's only brocantes and vide greniers: and I ain't going to find one there!

Don't worry John, I'm not expecting the French either to speak English, or use imperial. But in the privacy of my own workshop, I like feet and inches.

When I'm out and about and and talking Continental, I take a metric only tape because it's clearer and easier to work with - which is exactly why I'd like an imperial only tape for the workshop.

It's all the fault of that Bonaparte. Apparently, driving on the right was his idea too.

Back