oh so close !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
oh so close was I on a round New England drive/camping holiday.I drove down route 1 in Maine, when suddenley I drove past a small NE barn.
With the words - Lie NielsonTool Works.!
It was shut ! well ok it was a Sunday :cry: :cry: :cry:
Well I got permission to drive back from the camp site from my g/f only it was 58 miles
ONEWAY!
I get up really early [6am] hit the road, pause to wolf down a breakfast
in a diner. arrive at L-N's. The staff were doing there morning exercises, and Wolfgang [ a manager of L-N].
I only wanted to get a few little things , like a no.9, a no.98 + no.99 oh and the beading tool no.66.
Well what do you know, they DID NOT HAVE ANY OF THEM :shock: :cry:
I was in a tizzy, all those scummy tools, in their racks some of th white bronze C*LL*CT*RS PIECES, saws in boxes tenon and dovetail-BUT NOT the tools I wanted !@#$!
So if Thomas ever reads this message.PLEASE get a GRIP of your production/stock CONTROL ! YOU should nevverrrrr get so low that a customer has to walk out EMPTY HANDED !!!!!!!!
see below for the ending :twisted:

on the good side, Wolgang pulled a no.9 from the casting line and rushed it through the production line, and even got it posted to my hotel before I left, :lol: :D

I think you got some pretty good service, there.

I was in Maine last year inlate August. Hadn't been thinking about L-N and almost blew by there. Fortunately there was a place to turn around just past the bridge.

I think drooled on just about everything in the place.

Did you dine on lobster while you were there?

And did you make it to Hulls Cove Tool Barn, Liberty Tool Company or Captain Tinkham's Emporium? Link

Back