Oh no! Another excuse for the media to go over the top!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
Charles and Camilla to get married. Oh, what excitement!!!

Personally I would rather hear about something else. Anything else.
I can't stand either of them, I wish they would both just cease to exist

John

Alf":3g8qck1m said:
Ah, the irony that you should start a thread about it... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

The thread isn't about those two *******s getting married, it's about the media using it as an excuse to fill many minutes/hours of airtime.

There is much about the media, especially TV news, that I dislke. My bete-noir is those news programmes where they have two presenters, one of each sex, and they swap sentences as they read the autocue

John

get sky plus, tape everything, and then select what you want to watch, en skip through commercials and other unwanted filth thrown at us :wink:

All I can add to this discussion is keep your eyes peeled for government trying to slip something thru which would normally attract the attention of the press.

Andrew

Staged?

Heck, I'm wondering if they'll have a best man and bridesmaids or a stage manager and road crew :roll:

Gill

All I can add to this discussion is keep your eyes peeled for government trying to slip something thru which would normally attract the attention of the press

Andy... for shame.... as if they'd try to do that... again....

Tony won't like it. He likes being centre of attention and it will take the populations mind off the general election that he was planning on for a month later.

Andrew

Hey John, really can't understand why you bother to watch the TV news when there is so much you detest about it - and then spend your valuable time to start a discussion about it :

Now I reckon HRH may be a bit smarter than a lot give him credit for, or perhaps he's just plain annoyed. Remember a few days ago he got a lot of stick from politicians demanding to see his private accounts because they wanted to see how he financed his mistress? Okay, so marry her then - problem solved and one up to him. He could have chosen to marry her at any time, sooner or later, so his timing is very interesting. (Makes no difference to me - a matter for them).

Also this is going to be an ongoing major 'news' story so, hopefully, this will override much of the electioneering stuff that will be thrown about in the coming weeks. To me, that's a blessing in itself. Bet it's not to Tone, though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

HandyMac

I'm with you on this one, the rubbish must be going to hit the fan big style for the establishment to foist this one on us. Or perhaps they think we'll be so busy sniping we wont notice the general election.

Drew

trevtheturner":3a45fvj2 said:
Hey John, really can't understand why you bother to watch the TV news when there is so much you detest about it - and then spend your valuable time to start a discussion about it :

Well, in an effort ( let's hope it's not a waste of my valuable time) to improve your understanding, let me explain that news programmes are made up of a number of sections, some of which are informative, some of which are entertaining, some of which are irritating.

I presume you are one of the people who actually enjoy the amount of time spent on the 'royal couple' and the sentence swapping I referred to earlier. I knew somebody must do, although no one yet has had the bottle to admit it. Well done

John

personally... BS like this reinforces my opinion that the French had the right idea...

whatchya mean the clergy and politicians would never stand for it...??

use em first.... guinipigs... :twisted:

Hi John,

No, you haven't improved my understanding - I've had many dealings with the media and do understand it quite well actually. I also understand that what is either informative, entertaining or irritating to you may be seen in a completely different light by somebody else - so who is right?

Thanks for the compliment but it's undeserved really - 'cos I'm totally indifferent to whatever time is spent on the 'royal couple' and, yes, I'm not too keen on the 'sentence swapping' either.

Just thought you'd bite! :wink:

Incidentally, you "can't stand either of them, I wish they would both just cease to exist." So, know them well (or at all) do you? :wink:

Trev.

Here's my input fwiw i think Charles should stand down and let Harry be king as what sort of example does he set to the British public and the world for that matter its common knowledge that he was having an affair with camila while married to diana. Get rid of him i say.

Derek.

trevtheturner":24737kgw said:
Just thought you'd bite! :wink:

I will always bite when someone has a go (as you did) at me instead of at the opinions I put forward. Next time, restrict yourself to the ideas under discussion. Personal attacks, especially ones incorporating sarcasm such as 'your valuable time', will always be responded to vigorously.

John

Hmm, I side with the 'I dont really care' camp on this one. Interestingly a very recent opinion poll for the BBC (before the announcement) showed 32% in favour, 29% against, 2% didnt know and the rest, 37% didnt care.

Of the papers this morning, only the independent didnt lead with it, instead showing a whole host of other news items under the heading 'news you may have missed yesterday' :lol:

As for the government, yesterday was the first vote on the ID card bill.....

Steve

Hi all

I actually have an opinion on this!!! :shock: :lol:

It is none of our business who Charles marries - it is his decision (although everyone and his dog seems to want to decide whether he should or shouldn't)!!

Charles loves Camilla, Camilla loves Charles, they want to marry. Good for them and I hope they are happy together

Last time his marriage was very clearly arranged for him and didn't work, this time it is a marriage based upon friendship and love - it will last!

Back