oh dear!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":1xmtz8ro said:
HappyHacker":1xmtz8ro said:
A friend did something similar with a lawn mower and has made a full and swift recovery.

I think I must hold a record outside the medical profession - I knew THREE people who'd lopped off their toes with a Flymo. :shock:

I also kicked a Flymo , which then bit me - astonishingly useless machines that only work if you have already cut the grass. I also put my hand on a chainsaw once- not a bright move, and I don't recommend it. The pain/damage isn't the problem - it's the recovery time. Who has six weeks spare to not work?

Apologies for playing the "my injury is bigger than yours" card, but I actually think these posts are hugely important - a nanosecond of inattention can lead to a lifetime of counting up to ten only by taking your shoes off - by rights, I ought only to be able to get to 18, but thank god I was lucky both times, and it was just a flesh wound. 10 fingers, 10 toes, but only just.

I try to live by the rule of "If it looks dangerous, it probably is", and my shiny new table saw looks bloody dangerous even before I turn it on. I'm still at the stage of dry running all the cuts before doing it with the power on, because I only have YouTube to learn from. It's interesting how cowardly I have become in o!d age, purely because I genuinely don't have the option to take time off.

So, get well soon, and thank you for sharing your embarrassing moment - we've all done it, and we all ought to have known better. Still, at least mine weren't following the immortal words "Hold my pint, and watch this!"

Back