Official Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Jordan

Established Member
Reaction score
I've decided that my celebrations will not be on December 25 this year, but, like the queens official birthday, will be arranged for the coming summer month of June 2021. Let's say the 25th. It can't be any worse than the current advice which seems to be " we are terrified of the backlash from a cancelled holiday so go ahead, the spike in the death rate iwill all be your own fault not ours
There is good advice out there but it seems to be obscured by idiots who are convinced that every vaccination comes complete with a microchip!

I've decided that my celebrations will not be on December 25 this year, but, like the queens official birthday, will be arranged for the coming summer month of June 2021. Let's say the 25th. It can't be any worse than the current advice which seems to be " we are terrified of the backlash from a cancelled holiday so go ahead, the spike in the death rate iwill all be your own fault not ours
There is good advice out there but it seems to be obscured by idiots who are convinced that every vaccination comes complete with a microchip!
The censor now allows the word "silly person" times they are a changing.

"Trump " as well. Well I'll be.

Im really wanting to have one of the people who believe this explain to me how they think you fit a chip through the needle of a syringe.

Im really wanting to have one of the people who believe this explain to me how they think you fit a chip through the needle of a syringe.

Micro chips are inserted through a syringe, but not one with a needle as fine as one for administering a vaccine.
My daughter is a veterinary nurse and micro chips animals as part of her daily duties.

Nigel.

We should regard it as noble that some are selflessly self-sacrificing to allow others to benefit from the vaccine, not subject them to criticism.

You and I may regard them as numpties, they are principally putting only themselves at risk.

There is an unproven risk that the vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus, but most other viruses protect not only the vaccinated but others around them.

Micro chips are inserted through a syringe, but not one with a needle as fine as one for administering a vaccine.
My daughter is a veterinary nurse and micro chips animals as part of her daily duties.

Nigel.

Oh yes I'm aware of the pet ones, my point was indeed that the syringe is just too small.

We should regard it as noble that some are selflessly self-sacrificing to allow others to benefit from the vaccine, not subject them to criticism.

Indeed. I am all for anyone who wants a vaccination to get one. I am most definitely pro (voluntary) vax. As regards C19 vaccine, personally I will not get it, I am young enough, healthy enough that the risk of the vaccine is possibly greater than the risk of C19 which I have likely been exposed to already.

I've decided that my celebrations will not be on December 25 this year, but, like the queens official birthday, will be arranged for the coming summer
A great idea. Hopefully by then things will be under control and we can have a real family celebration.

I'm disappointed....I was looking forward to micro chips with my vaccination, followed by some micro fish, micro mushy pears and a wee cup of tea!

That seems like a neat idea.
My favorite uncle had a birthday of Dec 27th, and we'd have a party for him in June due to making it special and not just a Christmas left over. Unfortunately he passed in 2010.

We'll be enjoying a normal Christmas here. I can understand for some that putting it off makes sense but it doesn't for us. We will carrying out the usual activities and lunch, yes we have a vulnerable person attending but we don't consider it a risk and won't be changing or delaying since thanks to C19 this is almost certainly their last Christmas with us.

We have in the past had Christmas at a different time when, for reasons now forgotten, it was not possible to gather together for traditional festivities. My recollection is that everyone treated it like a "real" Christmas and it was fun for all to have a Christmas meal, pull crackers, wear silly hats etc at totally the wrong time of year.

I had my first Pfizer vaccine a couple of days ago (over 80 priority group). Very well organised, well distanced and painless. No waiting outside, short wait inside. No reaction at all for me, minor aches for my wife, same as we experience for the flu jab.

I feel very strongly that anyone who is offered one should have one unless they have a medical condition that prevents it. Those younger folk who have, however reluctantly, worn masks and observed social distancing have done and are doing their part to protect us geriatrics. Now it's our turn to build up herd immunity to protect everyone else, to help the NHS cope and for the society and the economy to recover. If all our age group gets the jab, in a few weeks that will cut ICU admissions by 90% and by 99% if 60+ have it (Dr Van Tam figures). That would be a terrific win. The reason is that age is by far the biggest risk factor for the severity of a Covid-19 infection.

As for the risks, the vaccine has been well tested with about 30,000 in phase 3 trials. Since the beginning of last week, the NHS has been vaccinating that number every day. Just two allergic reactions, both dealt with.

Yes we're doing the same as the OP, deferring family Christmas celebrations till it's safe. It's a no brainer for us.

I'm pleased to see that even our politicians are saying something similar now !
I think I will risk a December ( non Christmas) wish. I wish the media would stop reporting and giving unwarranted publicity to members of the lunatic fringe. Those who have invented an axe to grind, or are convinced that non of the rules of good sense apply to them! This is not news it's inexcusable rubbish which trots out the latest weak minded reason for people who think they are different and more important than the rest of us "ordinary" people.

Back