Office? Funny???????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

in another thread I (once again) showed my ignorance.

This time is was 'the office' which to me is not in the slightest bit funny and a program I would go a long way to miss

I once saw Ricky Gervais's stand up routine and didn't even smile once never mind laugh :(

Least funny person on the tv IMHO

I wondered if there were any other people with a similar view , or am I the only one? :wink:

Cheers

Tony (who finds lots of things on the TV funny, just not the office)

Hi Tony,

Can't help with this one as I've never seen it, but do recall Ricky Gervais - seem to recall him having a boxing match, which received a lot of publicity, some while ago. That was possibly quite funny :?:

I can't understand why LOML seems not to understand my sense of humour (after 40 years) and sometimes calls me 'Victor' 'specially when I put on my cap to take the dog for a walk! :? (Guess that's opened it up for some pee-taking? :roll: )

Cheers,

Trev.

Tony (who finds lots of things on the TV funny, just not the office)

You can't offer that sign off without some expansion as to which programs you do find funny. I have made a bet with myself about at least one program and I will come clean about which one it is, whether or not you include it.

Cheers

Tim

(Who does find the office hilarious but still has to watch most of it through spread fingers and has met Ricky Gervase and even had a beer with him)

So it's not just me then? :D

Everyone was saying how great it was but I always missed it till one night when nothing was on the box and I was flicking through the channels and watched it for a bit, I thought it was cr£p, after 10mins I put a DVD on..

It may just have been a bad episode but haven't bothered to watch it again...

I don't know what the big fuss about Ricky is. No offence (in case he finds this thread) but I don't find him funny.

I had to admit that I didn't find The Office that funny - too cring-makingly painfull to be funny, but I watched Ricky Gervais doing his stand-up routine on the Comedy Chanel the other night and laughed out loud all the way through.

Strange thing a sense of humour - very individual, and not even consistant withan an individual.

tim":2az3th5u said:
You can't offer that sign off without some expansion as to which programs you do find funny.

I better not answer that one, I think I now have well over 100 sitcom/comedies on DVD :oops: :oops:

No, Tony, its a GSD - but my research leads me to believe that this 'Victor' bloke has got a whippet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOML is always polite to our dog though :roll: .

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev,

I used to have a GSD too. A great big hairy monster with huge teeth. Used to put the fear of God into the local ne'redowels (spelling??).

Best dog I have ever owned - he was so intellligent it was spooky sometimes. Never quite sure who was taking who for a walk though - he used to pull like a train, no matter how much obedience training I gave him. Would eat anything - loved curry and pineapple chunks! :shock:

Sadly he died about 4 years ago (aged 13 1/2) - I still miss him!

He was Ben - what's yours called?

Gary

Hello

While talking about comedy, I get some older shows from "over there".

The ones I enjoy are: Are you being Served
Last of Summer Wine (earlier shows)
But my all time fav was: faulty Towers (Not shown anymore)

Heaven only knows how old these are.
Can anyone tell me how long ago these went out of prime time?

Travis

Travis Byrne":1nka72cm said:
The ones I enjoy are: Are you being Served
Last of Summer Wine (earlier shows)
But my all time fav was: faulty Towers (Not shown anymore)

Heaven only knows how old these are.
Can anyone tell me how long ago these went out of prime time?
AYBS?: 1972 - 85
LotSW: 1973 - last year?
Fawlty Towers: 1975 and 1979

As far as The Office goes, it doesn't do much for me either. If I want to see comedy bad management techniques I'll watch CJ in Reggie Perrin. :D

Cheers, Alf

Who didn't get where she is today by not watching people sitting down in embarrassingly noisy chairs.

Alf - are you some kind of spotter - I'm not sure what is more worrying, either that you knew that or that you went off and looked it up? :lol: :shock: :lol:

I know it wasn't Tony's response but there it is in back and white 'Last of the Summer Wine' (and now I come to think about it since black and white). The one program that makes me want to default on my TV licence. :twisted:

So there you are, in one thread - one of my favourite comedies and my least favourite. Always happy for a bit of diversity!

T

tim":26t3dibs said:

Alf - are you some kind of spotter - I'm not sure what is more worrying, either that you knew that or that you went off and looked it up? :lol: :shock: :lol:

I hope she googled it - If she didn't I think we should be a little worried :p

I can never list my fav films, tv shows.. I always leave one out...

But some of the ones I've watched in the last month are;

Man about the house,
Bread,
Allo, Allo,
Dad's Army,
Open all hours,
Porridge,
Game on,
Men behaving badly,
Bottom

Honestly I'm not that sad, I like to watch something when I'm working on the computer :p

I found the office too damn close to work to be even remotely funny... worrying really..

as for crease up material... Home improvements... gets me every time...

Am I the only one who found it funny? I thought the first series especially was side splitting, toe curling yes but absolutely hilarious particularly when you had cottoned on to the running jokes.

Ah well, perhaps it's an age thing :cry:

It's nothing to do with age.....
If there's no outright gag or no funny "how's yer father" and/or a farce situation alot of people just don't get it. And any irony is totally lost.
Ricky Gervais, The Office, Phoenix Nights (Peter Kaye, great stand up, very, very funny) are all superb.

Noel

I told you I always forget one - I watched Phoenix Nights S1 last week :roll:

I don't watch many stand ups but I can watch Peter Kay over and over..

Noely, for me it's not the lack of outright gag or no funny "how's yer father" and/or a farce situation, it's more to do with the level of humour employed (cheap shots at office no-bodies) and the fact that I have worked in places with people just like that - I cringed when I watched it and felt rather uncomfortable :?

Humour at someone else's expense shows a lack of ability/talent in my opinion

Back