Office chair recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My home office setup has just failed its H&S inspection as the arms on my chair are not adjustable. I have to choose a new chair and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? It must be fully adjustable (inc. the arms) and be rated for intensive use as I'm sat in it for 8+ hours a day. Budget probably won't be an issue within reason (I'm not paying for it). I know that loads of us are sat in front of computers all day so hopefully someone will have more of a clue than me.

This one has caught my eye so far.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Personal thing, but I can't type quickly with arms on a chair as they just get in the way. I'd need a chair with no arms, the ones listed do look rather tasty though - Rob

I might be pushing it to ask for a £1000+ chair! :lol: Looks great, though.

Thanks for the recommendation, Dave - looks like thats the front runner for the moment. How is the mesh back?

Rob, I have to have the arms as a requirement of H&S - also, I've developed a bit of RSI in my mouse hand and having good support under the elbow is apparently a good way to help this.

Cheers,
Neil

The Mesh back is good - espcially in the really hot weather - never even thought about it until it got to 24+ degrees in the office and my back still felt quite cool.

Neil":2pwbqccr said:
Rob, I have to have the arms as a requirement of H&S - also, I've developed a bit of RSI in my mouse hand and having good support under the elbow is apparently a good way to help this.

Cheers,
Neil

I use computers a lot and developed RSI problems in my shoulder and wrist. Someone recommended using a roller ball which I have now been using for 3 years with no recurrence of the problem.

HTH
Pete

I have an aeron and find it a very nice chair, tho for my back I need support for my head, so the aeron got down graded for home office use and I have a similar chair for the workplace with head support along with a height adjustable desk :roll: :wink:

In my 'workplace' I got a plastic stacking chair. I replaced it (out of my own pocket) with a £60 Viking. The wheels fell off when a supply teacher was in my room...

Neil":3bf07r3e said:
Rob, I have to have the arms as a requirement of H&S - Neil

Utter rubbish!!
If you don't want arms don't have them. They are of no ergonomic benefit one way or the other.
If your company is dumb enough to use this DSE assessor I'd get the best chair out of it that you can.

If you want real advice about your problems please feel free to PM.

regards

Lurker
Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner

The arms are removable so I can try it with & without and decide which is the most comfortable. I should have written 'I have to have the arms available' by the way - I can configure the chair however I want. Sorry to be a bit misleading!

Thanks for the offer of advice - if I'm still feeling some discomfort with the new arrangement then I'll be in touch.

Thanks to all for the advice - the Aeron is probably a bit on the expensive side, but I'll probably give the realspace chair a go. Wizer, which chair with head support do you have?

Cheers,
Neil

Back