Offer of pear wood...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

againstthegrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just cut down an old pear tree which despite being spoken to severly, failed to produce nice fruit... If anyone would like this for turning I have several logs which could be used I guess - somewhere in the back of my mind (!) I have the impression that pear wood might be sought after.
The trunk is about 130mm diameter... I am based in South East Wales. Free to a good home as they say...

pear2.jpg

pear1.jpg

pear1.jpg

Awwww if I lived closer I'd have them but as I'm in Surrey it's a bit far to go, one thing you could do to be nice if you feel inclined would be to seal the ends with some PVA glue or even old paint to help stop any checks/splits

Awwww if I lived closer I'd have them but as I'm in Surrey it's a bit far to go, one thing you could do to be nice if you feel inclined would be to seal the ends with some PVA glue or even old paint to help stop any checks/splits
ditto but I'd have to renew my passport and clean out my bank account ;)

Hi you are welcome to them Steve.
I am in Neath. If there is any bits left please let me know. Thanks
I have a taker for the wood --- but if there is any left over, I could let you have it. I will be travelling via Neath to West Wales sometime in April so if there is some left I will message you again and might be able to deliver...

Back