Off my nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are taking metronidazole don't stray too far from a toilet. The effects can last a couple of weeks after you stop taking them. Live yoghurt and vitamin c may help.

Stig, if you are on the metronidazole it will kill all the good bacteria too, so as Tris says get some LIVE Yoghurt, or some Acidophilus capsules. Don't underestimate this, ruining your digestive system can cause you more hell than the toothache DAMHIKT !

Stig, if you are on the metronidazole it will kill all the good bacteria too, so as Tris says get some LIVE Yoghurt, or some Acidophilus capsules. Don't underestimate this, ruining your digestive system can cause you more hell than the toothache DAMHIKT !
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in mind.
Only taken 1 of each so far today so I guess it's a bit early to tell but so far there's no side effects that's I've noticed 🤞🤞🤞

Amoxi works on me similar to the effect removing the plug from a full bath has on its contents… Had an identical experience 20 years ago with an abscess on one of my molars..emergency weekend dentist I found through the yellow pages had me back a week after I’d taken the antibiotics he’d initially supplied (they were part of a chain that had its own pharmacy nearby) . Suffice to say I walked in ,with the swelling noticeably reduced and all consuming pain absent, only to have all the pain come flooding back when he tried to remove the offending molar , and that after he’d given me 3 shots with a needle! You WILL know ,like I did, if it’s safe to pull the tooth. I ,apparently, still had some of the infection from the abscess and it had prevented the Novocain (or whatever it is they use) from having the required effect of isolating the nerves and transmitting all the unpleasantness. Suffice to say I left, still with the molar still in place along with a mouth of misery that hadn’t been there when I showed up for the extraction and the bit that still amazes me, is he still had all of his teeth in place too!
Went back after another week of the anti-bio’s and the guy on that occasion told me there would be no drama and that with the shots he put in my mouth, that he’d have been able to slice my jaw in half and that I wouldn’t have felt it…luckily for him, he was right and me and my troublesome molar parted company with no pain whatsoever and I left with a spring in my step.
My next door neighbour had prolonged dental issues , which we always thought was the sole cause of him being a miserable git , but after he finally caved and went for one of those “rip everything out and replace the lot in one go with a fixed set of dentures things” we realised that , no… he’s just a miserable git because he can still breathe 🤣

have recomended to a few people, it's cheaper to have a holiday in Crete and get ur teeth sorted here...
I've just had a gold crown fall out with a bit more of the tooth broken...
A white filling (the sort cured by Ultra Violet light).was less than €45.....
All the latest equipment and a nice person to boot...all dentists here speak great English....
My daughter has just booked her new appointment....the cost savings will cover her air fair....

REALLY???? that's crazy and err I'm interested more details by PM plz.

have recomended to a few people, it's cheaper to have a holiday in Crete and get ur teeth sorted here...
I've just had a gold crown fall out with a bit more of the tooth broken...
A white filling (the sort cured by Ultra Violet light).was less than €45.....
All the latest equipment and a nice person to boot...all dentists here speak great English....
My daughter has just booked her new appointment....the cost savings will cover her air fair....
Any recommendations? I could keep them busy for a year or to!

No holiday for me it seems, antibiotics are doing their job, I've reduced my pain relief to just ibuprofen 3 times a day, and to top it off I got a message from the dentist I'm on the waiting list for saying they have a space on 23rd March, I got the message while at work so had to hide in my cleaners cupboard for a minute so the kids didn't see me have a little cry of relief 😳

Pain free at last but not the way it should have happened, so on 23rd March I saw my new dentist and after taking his xrays decided he needed better ones so off I went a couple days later to Frimley to get him more detailed xrays, got them straight back to him then back for next appointment on Tuesday 5th April, the new xrays showed the infection appeared to have cleared up but the tooth extraction would need to be done as a surgical referral which he had submitted, so just needed to wait, by friday my jaw was really painful to open just like during the infection so called dentist and got app for monday 11th first thing and a prescription for amoxycillin, even at this point I hadn't been able eat and even swallowing water was sore, by Thursday 14th the pain was much much worse and my face was visibly swollen so called dentist and got an app straight away to go get a new prescription for stronger meds which I managed to take despite it being painful to swallow, then after a little snooze during a break in the pain I awoke to feeling like my breathing was a little blocked, looked in a mirror and the swelling had grown from under my jaw down into my shoulder so we rushed straight to A&E, due to the distortion in my face from the weight of the infection the staff first thought was angina so rushed me through to get bloods, this is when they discovered how dehydrated I was, it took 2 bags of fluids to get me up to a level where my blood would flow easily, a few blood tests later and they had thankfully ruled out a bone infection but my levels were high so they added several courses of IV antibiotics and pain relief, by the time those got into my system combined with the 2litres of fluids my hydration levels hit a high enough level to make the infection explode from under my tooth (really not a nice taste and smelled even worse) I was then transferred from Frimley to The Royal Surrey Sunday morning to wait for a slot for the tooth to be removed, at 12.00 today I was taken down to theatre and horrid tooth removed along with as much of the infection juice as they gould get, i woke up at 2pm feeling a little sore but not in pain, i still cant open my mouth enough to eat solids but i can swallow like normal and now in my mind the "pain" im currently experiencing barely registers as an irritaion, I'm now hoping the surgeon (who is a really nice guy) will be pleased with it tomorrow so the internal drain can be removed and I can go home to be told off everytime I even look at my work keys, been told in no uncertain terms by SWMBO, my boss, a very good friend and the surgeon that I have to take a week off work 🙄🙄🙄 I know they're technically right but I feel amazing and not on any pain relief.

I just want to say again a huge THANK YOU 💖 to everyones previous words and offers of kindness

Pain free at last but not the way it should have happened, so on 23rd March I saw my new dentist and after taking his xrays decided he needed better ones so off I went a couple days later to Frimley to get him more detailed xrays, got them straight back to him then back for next appointment on Tuesday 5th April, the new xrays showed the infection appeared to have cleared up but the tooth extraction would need to be done as a surgical referral which he had submitted, so just needed to wait, by friday my jaw was really painful to open just like during the infection so called dentist and got app for monday 11th first thing and a prescription for amoxycillin, even at this point I hadn't been able eat and even swallowing water was sore, by Thursday 14th the pain was much much worse and my face was visibly swollen so called dentist and got an app straight away to go get a new prescription for stronger meds which I managed to take despite it being painful to swallow, then after a little snooze during a break in the pain I awoke to feeling like my breathing was a little blocked, looked in a mirror and the swelling had grown from under my jaw down into my shoulder so we rushed straight to A&E, due to the distortion in my face from the weight of the infection the staff first thought was angina so rushed me through to get bloods, this is when they discovered how dehydrated I was, it took 2 bags of fluids to get me up to a level where my blood would flow easily, a few blood tests later and they had thankfully ruled out a bone infection but my levels were high so they added several courses of IV antibiotics and pain relief, by the time those got into my system combined with the 2litres of fluids my hydration levels hit a high enough level to make the infection explode from under my tooth (really not a nice taste and smelled even worse) I was then transferred from Frimley to The Royal Surrey Sunday morning to wait for a slot for the tooth to be removed, at 12.00 today I was taken down to theatre and horrid tooth removed along with as much of the infection juice as they gould get, i woke up at 2pm feeling a little sore but not in pain, i still cant open my mouth enough to eat solids but i can swallow like normal and now in my mind the "pain" im currently experiencing barely registers as an irritaion, I'm now hoping the surgeon (who is a really nice guy) will be pleased with it tomorrow so the internal drain can be removed and I can go home to be told off everytime I even look at my work keys, been told in no uncertain terms by SWMBO, my boss, a very good friend and the surgeon that I have to take a week off work 🙄🙄🙄 I know they're technically right but I feel amazing and not on any pain relief.

I just want to say again a huge THANK YOU 💖 to everyones previous words and offers of kindness
Good news at last - I’ve been peed off all day as I managed to lose £30 on way to the bank ( which of course was closed) worse still it was my sons money but tbh your latest post has put a smile back on my face , sounds like you been through hell and beyond and like my own double absys followed by two wisdom teeth extractions a week apart left me a nervous wreck but to be pain free was liberating and a decent nights sleep was the best ever -I’m sure your dentist has advised you to have regular check ups -pls do ,, good news tho and glad you got there in the end. 👍👍

Wow that's some pain....

Glad it wasn't worse like a MI or a stroke.

Hope your better soon.

Tbh the dentistry system in the UK is broken more than your tooth!

Wow that's some pain....

Glad it wasn't worse like a MI or a stroke.

Hope your better soon.

Tbh the dentistry system in the UK is broken more than your tooth!
It is broken but I've learned my lesson the hard way, at the same time I have landed on my feet with my dentist, he is about my age and is not at all judgemental, the biggest offput for me has always been the way my previous dentists have made me fee judged and ashamedl, when I had my first appointment with Jake a was up front and told him I've neglected myself most of my life but now I'm seriously ready to change that start looking after myself, his exact reply was "let's see what I can do to make you feel better then we can work on the rest together" that sold it for me.

Back