Oak veneered internal doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneggysteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone recomend supplier for these style doors please in S Wales area

Don't want the cheap B&Q stuff. Thanks

Attachments

• oak-mexicano_23_14.jpg
    oak-mexicano_23_14.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 261
I have had good luck with these people, https://www.doorsofdistinction.co.uk/.

I assume they deliver to your area as they delivered to my son in London. Between the family we have probably had 40 doors from them and found them to be a good standard. I know it is a long way but they do have a showroom where you can have a good look at them.

Usual disclaimer, absolutly no affiliation, just a customer.

I got my internal doors from Deanta (https://deantawood.co.uk) and couldn't be more pleased with the quality.

Most builders merchants and places like Doors of Distinction near me seem to be able to get them.

The doors themselves are solid core so have a good weight and have 16mm lippings all round so can be trimmed if required.

Thanks everyone - would love to make my own but I want 5 and they have to be fitted before Easter (so my dearest says)

sneggysteve":cz7l49d7 said:
Anyone recomend supplier for these style doors please in S Wales area

Don't want the cheap B&Q stuff. Thanks
Howdens is as good as any and lots of branches around south wales,What area are you as i am heads of the valleys so know where your nearest branch will be.Need to be trade to buy from there just for you to know

Most suppliers do 2 or three versions of this style, on the face they look similar but it is the thickness of the edge laths etc which make the difference. I fitted some really cheap ones a while ago (customer supplied them), the edging laths were only 7mm and they recommended only planing 3mm max off each side.

Other end of the scale XL Joinery do some nice solid oak ones at £500+ each, can't imagine they sell many of them.

Back