Oak bedroom

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
A recent bedroom and en suite bathroom.
Timber is European oak, I always use European as the quality of AWO is so poor and has befor many years.
We made the Super king bed as well. There is an ottoman to go in with a pop up TV, but we hadn't completed it when we took pics.
We also did 2 other similar size bedrooms in a similar style.
08zX65J.jpg

fiL80oV.jpg

UFh8cPR.jpg

cw4YSwi.jpg

MJ3XoAY.jpg

Q3syu3h.jpg

dVMGei0.jpg

UVjBsyl.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/armstrongjordan_interiors/?hl=en

Very nice indeed Bob. Making a bed is on my list but one thing I haven't figured out yet is the proper way to join the side rails to the head and tail boards posts. I assume it's necessary to be able to dismantle the bed - are they usually bolted?

John

John15":egjzaek6 said:
Very nice indeed Bob. Making a bed is on my list but one thing I haven't figured out yet is the proper way to join the side rails to the head and tail boards posts. I assume it's necessary to be able to dismantle the bed - are they usually bolted?

John
I tend to use drop and locks, which are a bit more discreet. In deep sided beds like this, we use 2 pairs per corner.
We also use sprung curved laminated beech slats which is a bit more of a professional look when the bed is installed.

Nice, Bob, although I dislike the mirrors. The rest looks great.

What's going on in that corner where the unit built in under the skillings slides out with a drawer at the top and the bottom, but the drawer in the middle doesn't come with it?

Lovely work, the bed doesn't look to be ideal though, I would hate having that slope above my head and not being able to sit up and read etc.

MikeG.":1oqqyong said:

What's going on in that corner where the unit built in under the skillings slides out with a drawer at the top and the bottom, but the drawer in the middle doesn't come with it?

Hi, the door is fixed to the bottom drawer.

Rorschach":14twnfcj said:
Lovely work, the bed doesn't look to be ideal though, I would hate having that slope above my head and not being able to sit up and read etc.
I would be tempted to reverse the bed and fit downlighters in the sloping ceiling for reading lights.
(I tend to like things that are practical :D )

Some good use of tricky space there, and all very crisp.

MikeG.":1772b2sa said:

The amount of mirror wouIdn't be my choice either, but I suspect some of doctor Bob's customers are fonder of their own reflection than you or I :lol:

doctor Bob":2126dx8y said:
John15":2126dx8y said:

John
I tend to use drop and locks, which are a bit more discreet. In deep sided beds like this, we use 2 pairs per corner.
We also use sprung curved laminated beech slats which is a bit more of a professional look when the bed is installed.

Bob,
I've tried to locate drop and locks without any luck. Not knowing what exactly they are hasn't helped! Could you give me a link.

John

Lovely clean work. Really like the mirrors. They add the illusion of extra space to the room. Can't speak for Bob in regards his choice, however we have great success with Osmo Polyx satin or Fiddes hardwax satin. Very easy to apply and hard wearing too.

G S Haydon":1ldk8cxp said:
Lovely clean work. Really like the mirrors. They add the illusion of extra space to the room. Can't speak for Bob in regards his choice, however we have great success with Osmo Polyx satin or Fiddes hardwax satin. Very easy to apply and hard wearing too.

I've never tried Osmo (yet) but I have used Fiddes hard wax oil in satin on quite a few projects (and different timbers) and have been pretty pleased with it. My workbench has a couple of coats of it and its holding up very well.

Nice work bob

Back