Oak banister supplier?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
Any preferred supplier on cost or quality?
Was going to leave the carp pine newel caps that the chippy bodged fitting on the loft conversion stairs and sling up a painted pine handrail.
In a moment of clarity I realised the bodged caps would bug me forever and I took a hammer to them. (hammer)
I've made some new caps from oak so after a decent supplier for oak handrails.
Cheers
Chris

I used an online company called Jackson’s woodturners and had very good service price and quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's plenty of stair parts companies to be found on google, all have differing handrails at differing prices so it's worth looking at them all to find what you fancy.

I personally prefer making an oval mopstick that's 65mm x 45mm, fits in the hand far nicer than a regular 45x45mm mopstick, it's very similar to what's available here: https://www.wooduchoose.com/wood.cfm/pro/1656/wood/handrail-31/

A lot of these firms are quite expensive though, it might even be worth calling around with some local joiners that produce staircases, they may even have lengths of handrail that you can buy straight off the shelf at a good price.

Back