Oak and Ash Blanket Box (Finished)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum, Rick.

RickCarpenter":ug411mty said:
I was just wondering what limitations y'all faced when working only on your narrow minibenches.
Well, I think probably width is one... :wink: :lol: Just kidding. Mine is there for when I need to do close-up work, which tends to be smaller parts anyway, so thus far I've not found the width a problem. Length, maybe. Perhaps the biggest problem is clearing enough space on the main bench to put the bloomin' thing in working position. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

RickCarpenter":15afvpj8 said:
I was just wondering what limitations y'all faced when working only on your narrow minibenches. Thanks, Rick

As ALF said, due to the tendency to make only smaller items on them, the small size isn't really a problem. I really like mine, its probably used somewhere between 25%, and 50% of the time I'm at the bench, maybe more.

I have come to the conclusion its a great way to do a "practice" run for building a full size workbench, and the addition of a vice extends its capabilities significantly. Things are easier to see (no more leaning over the bench) as things are close to chest height - particularly good when marking things up, and its closer to the lights I have, so that helps as well.

Disadvantage is storing it I guess, when not in use.

Adam

A few pictures in use....

52873533.jpg

52873534.jpg

52873608.jpg

52873613.jpg

52873717.jpg

56039881.jpg

56039879.jpg

Well done Adam, looks excellent! :D

You seem to work at an incredibley fast pace, yet clearly, you do not rush your work to get it finished in time.

In your first post, I wasn't quite sure what you were looking for with proportions in the side panels. Now the unit is finished, however, it's perfectly clear to me now.

Back