NVR Switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitch

Established Member
Reaction score
The tool is a magnetic drill, for anyone not familiar, a drill, mounted on an electromagnet... :wink:

The NVR switch hasn't been staying on so needed to keep finger on the button...so bought a replacement switch.

Swapped it over, still no joy, same problem.

The circuit is very simple, magnet, rocker swicth (for magnet), Motor, and NVR switch for the motor.
Magnet must be switched on for the motor to start.
Its 110v....

Bypassing the NVR, the motor runs fine when the magnet is switched on.

Any ideas?

Does the NVR have internal mechanical latch or does it take a separate latching feed from motor or magnet circuit.

Suspect the latter and sounds like NVR is looking for an electrical feed to its latching coil that is not forthcoming because of broken connection.

Not sure tbh, there is only 4 terminals on the switch...

To test it, i bypassed the nvr switch with two jumpers, and the motor came on with the magnet switch switch, i thought that would mean everything else was okay, and it was the switch.
There must be power to the nvr switch, or the motor wouldn't run.... i thought.

I will have another look

You say your NVR switch has 4 terminals, then I would expect the internals to be wired more or less as per :-
switch.jpg

Therefor there is no reason why a new switch should not hold in with power applied.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,469
Back