NVR Switch ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
(No Volt Release Switch) 240v, I want to upgrade the various cheap and not so cheerful NVR switches on a number of my power tools, especially to make the switches more accessable and therefore easier to get at. Anyone recommend any good makes/suppliers ?

Thanks all.

If you want a quality product, then almost anyhalf-decent electrical wholesaler (e.g. City Electrical Factors, AE Edmunds-Walker, William Wilson, etc) will be able to sell you one (or more). MEM is a good British make (as fitted to countless numbers of Wadkins, Wilsons, Dominions, etc) as is Meuller (formerly Klockner-Moeller), Telemechanique, Merlin-Gerin, etc. The only one I'd really avoid is IMO. If you can swing trade price on multiple purchases you'll probably find out exactly how expensive Trend, APTC, etc really are! Go for Direct On Line switches (DoLs) with surface mounting enclosures and specify the voltage, phases and required startingf load in amps (e.g. 2000 watts on 230 volts = 9 amps to the nearest amp)

Scrit

Hi

You could try www.charnwood.net

They the cheapest NVR switches I have seen, and are rated up to 2.2Kw and come complete with 13amp plug and socket attached.

But be WARNED. I wanted two of these at the time I purchased a router table but was told they where out of stock. So I asked if they would inform me when they got more in, to which I was told that they would.

Some weeks later a parcel arrived unannounced containing two NVR switches.
They had it would appear, to have used my credit card details from the previous purchase to debit my credit card without my permission.

And as I am living in Ireland at the moment, I have to pay for delivery, which is expensive.
If Charnwood had got in touch with me as I was led to believe they would, I could have had the items delivered free to my home address in the UK, as I was in no rush at the time.

I did contact the company only to feel I was beating my head against the proverbial brick wall. They had got my money = My hard luck!.

For anybody interested the router table mentioned was the W013.
Not impressed, the over all finish leaves a lot to be desired plus a number of other problems.

I very much doubt I will be dealing with this company again.

You Have Been Warned

Good Luck and Happy Sawdust Making in the New Year.

Cadmaster

Cadmaster,

its a nightmare when you have problems with suppliers.
Sorry to hear about your problems with Charnwood.

I have had plenty of problems with axminster while others
have had nothing but good luck.

Charnwood where excellent when I dealt with them. I suppose
at the end of the day it all depends on who processed the order
and what mood their in.

Cheers

Signal

Back