NVR Switch wiring. No idea how to do it!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinsella

Established Member
Reaction score
Chaps
Just bought this off the internet assuming it would come with a basic wiring diagram. ya, well you pay for what you get. Anyone know how to wire this in single phase. Where does the live, neutrals go.
ie using this you have a feed live and neutral, and a motor live and neutral. The terminal block has no markings to say where they go.

Attachments

• IMG_9551_resize.JPG
    IMG_9551_resize.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_9552_resize.JPG
    IMG_9552_resize.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9553_resize.JPG
    IMG_9553_resize.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 230
You have a wiring diagram on the unit.

It's A/C power, in this respect live and neutral have no significance as far as the NVR is concerned.

Power into the white wire terminals.
Feed to the motor from the black wire terminals.

The power-in goes to the white wires. Out to the motor is the black wires. It should not matter which way round they are on each pair.

Edit - beaten to it.

Thanks chaps.
You guys forget, this is magic circle stuff to most of us. So i thank you all in your pointy magicelectrical hats.

So if i read correctly. I put the incoming blue and brown wires into the two white wires (no relevance to which terminal), and i put the outgoing blue and brown wires into the black and if i read Monkey right, it doesn't matter if i have the blues or the brown right next to each other, (ie no relevance to which terminals)?

Sounds like madness to me. But i still have to remind myself every time which colour is which. :)

kinsella":nq4eqmdx said:
Thanks chaps.

So if i read correctly. I put the incoming blue and brown wires into the two white wires (no relevance to which terminal), and i put the outgoing blue and brown wires into the black and if i read Monkey right, it doesn't matter if i have the blues or the brown right next to each other, (ie no relevance to which terminals)?

You got it :lol:

Back