NVR switch w/overload protection for 1¼ hp motor.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jelly

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently got a Dewalt 1201 off another forumite with a couple of declared faults, I've fixed all the mechanical bits, and am now about to re-wire the switchgear.

We're discussing the potential of it being built into a bench, so my intention is to replace the arm mounted NVR with a wall mounted model with overload protection, a remote E-Stop at knee height, and wire it direct to mains via a 16A Isolator.

I have the E-Stop already, but am shopping for a suitable NVR, Axi seems to stock one which will do the job but I'm inclined to think that I could get one cheaper elsewhere, however as a non-electrician* I'm finding it a bit hard to find what I need from the likes of YESSS Electrical or C.E.F.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate switch cheaper?

*I'm planning to go over the details with an electrician-friend before buying, and having him check the installation.

Thanks mark, you've just confirmed what I was starting to suspect after going through the various electrical factors websites and reading some wiring instructions for various products:
  • "NVR" ≈ DOL == suitable Contactor, NO & NC pushbuttons in convenient enclosure.

Now to search properly...

Back