NuTools NPJ130 Planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
philly to late i went and got a dw733 :D wait for it .it cost me £337.49 :) from machine mart .got it home plugged it in then planed some wood no snipe dead smooth straight out the box ,one fault with it its so heavy to lift :? the boss said its my crimbo and b/day pressi :p it is well worth the money i looked on the web for info on nu (fool) sorry tool but found non , when i looked for the 733 i found tons of it 99%good so i got the d/w .

live life on the edge go shopping with the wife :shock:

frank

"RE: WIckes, No Shed Manager will get himself promoted to Area Manager unless he can demonstrate an ability to rip off each customer at least three times during any given transaction. "

Not always the case, they spend half the time ripipng themselves off through staff incompetence!

Now frank has his thicknesser, I can hijack this thread - When I built all the patio under my workshop, and new fences and gates all around the garden I was really pleased to find such incompetent staff.

On many occasions I walked up pulling a trolley with a huge pile of bricks (nicely stacked in a square), and they would miscount the number as they couldn't do a simple multiplication - 8 bricks per level, x 8 levels high, "ahh, they'd say thats 38 bricks". "Whatever", I'd say, [it's their responsibility to do the sums]. "Is that fence post 1.8 or 2.4m", they ask "Dunno", I say, knowing it's 2.4m/2.7m, "I think it must be 1.8m" they say. "OK" I say. And is it "75mm square or 100mm square?" they ask, "Dunno" I say, and they type in 75mm square.

It was like getting a 40% discount everytime I went. Best price I got was on a multipack (worth ~£25) and they charged me for the individual price ~£3ish!

I'm very careful, I am never misleading, 'cos that would be naughty, I simply let them decide on every item I'm buying - 'tis not my fault they don't educate the staff, give them a ruler, or put proper bar-codes on every item.

A_L

Hi frank

frank":1jv5m6ty said:
live life on the edge go shopping with the wife :shock:

You ACTUALLY took SWMBO shopping and you got the DW instead of the nutool? 8) When do you start giving lessons? :wink:

Cheers
Neil

lesson no 1 tell the wife you have just got to nip down to tool store but will go shopping with her when you get back ,and is it the the new outlet village she wanted to go to :twisted: .

live life on the edge but mind you step.

frank

Back