nutool npj 155 bench planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi
just got one of these in an ebay auction brand new. Saved a few bob :)

I'm having some trouble knowing what the cutting depth is. Basically the bed can be adjusted from nil to 2.5mm but there does not seem to be any graduation scale on the machine telling you after you adjust the depth of what the machine is set at, so do you guess it ?? Can anyone help ?

cheers

Billzee:)

One of the big problems of cheaper manufacturers like NuTool is that any Graduations put on the machine tend to be a stuck on metal laminate sheet. I have the same problem on my chop saw which is actually 6 degrees out.

You're best bet for accuracy is to get hold of a vernier style depth guage http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=ADG and make yourself a small jig to bridge the cutter from the in and out feed tables.

If you don't need the accuracy to that degree, then you can use something like Axminsters depth guage. I can't seem to find it on their website, but its a U shaped tool, with a central sliding graduated column.

The beauty about both of these methods is you can use it on table saw, router, router table, planer etc....

Back