Numpty question ? Sliding Mire Saw bars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm definitely new at all this, so please don''t be TOO harsh :?

Can one of you knowledgeable chaps/chapesses please advise how I should protect the twin sliding bars on my sliding mitre saw? I used it quite happily, then left it unused in my garage for a couple of months - hey presto - RUST on top of the bars :evil:

I've tried oil and grease - but not particularly happy with either. Should I be using wax, or PTFE spray perhaps?

I'm particularly keen to know, as I HOPE to be acquiring a sliding table saw shortly, and wouldn't want that to suffer the same fate (hammer) (hammer)

Thank you.

AndyT":22e8fto4 said:
It's not a problem I have, so no direct 'I did this' advice BUT - lots of people like cammelia oil; and there's plenty of fresh advice in this recent thread - https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/machine-wax-t61591.html

Thanks Andy, it was actually that thread that reminded me someone here may have the answer 8) I thought it was worth asking after reading the 'don't put silicone on it" comments Id read.

I suspect PTFE is the stuff to use, once the rust has completely removed.

Latest posts

Back