Numatic NVD750 (Axminster) cyclone accessory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone makes an inline cyclone for this dust extractor? I just got one of these yesterday to replace my CTL Midi and ideally would like something inline instead of a separate cyclone box.

I see they have something for another of their vacuums, but im not seeing anything specifically for this.

BTW this thing has more suction than a weekend in Amsterdam.

Cheers,
Craig

We've been using one of these for a few months now extracting a 12" bandsaw. It has a decent size bucket on it already and the permanent filters just need a shake every few days. What benefit are you looking for from adding an inline cyclone ?

I was thinking about using the Thicknesser on the 100mm inlet and the smaller inlet for Table saw/router table/sanders/domino etc. I was thinking that using a cyclone on the 51mm inlet as I do with the CTL midi would be a lot less faffing with bags and filters. This is my first dual purpose dust extractor so i was just thinking about using it the way I do with the old one with the benefit of 100mm for the planer.

Cheers,
Craig

Nematic make a cyclone fitting for that size machine, only has a 63mm inlet, but you have a 100mm inlet on the machine body already.

Cyclone.jpg

Attachments

• Cyclone.jpg
    Cyclone.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 773
Ah yes I saw they had a cyclone machine, but I couldn't find whether its something that can be bought as an accessory. I have scoured the usual places but to no avail.

I'm wondering if i even need to use the bags in their traditional sense and just use the 100mm with step down for everything but sanding

To be quite honest, I use the machine for most dust extraction with the two normal filters, a cut bag additional filter and a bag, the 100mm inlet is never used as I have a 2000m3/hr chip extractor, I found the 100mm inlet on the Numatic was not sufficient for my PT or Router table or come to that my table saw, the chip extractor is so much more efficient, so the cyclone is not used.

Ah I see, I just use a lunchbox PT and with the 100mm yesterday it performed really well and as its a tiny space I dont have the luxury of multiple units for different jobs. Ideally im just trying to get less faff with filters and bags with the least amount of space required.

The problem is with a cyclone is you can't use a bag, which is one less filter and the problem then is disposing of the dust and debris without breathing it in or distributing throughout the environment which after all is what we collect the detritus in the first place to avoid.

That maybe the problem with that system. Before this i was using a CTL midi with a separate cyclone that had a plastic garden bag. all the waste went into that and whatever tiny amount was left over went to the midi which had a filter bag installed. When the cyclone filled up, i just pull the garden bag out, tie it up and throw it in the green bin.

I think the answer is to just keep using my existing cyclone on this system which isn't ideal for my tiny space.

I am not familiar with that system, true cyclone systems has a negative pressure inside the collection chamber which prevents the use of a bag, unless it has a cage to prevent the bag being sucked into the vacuum inlet above the collection point?

I built the box and have a dust deputy on top, not a commercial product. The bag doesnt move at all.

craigsalisbury":2un33qyt said:
Does anyone know if someone makes an inline cyclone for this dust extractor? I just got one of these yesterday to replace my CTL Midi and ideally would like something inline instead of a separate cyclone box.

I see they have something for another of their vacuums, but im not seeing anything specifically for this.

BTW this thing has more suction than a weekend in Amsterdam.

Cheers,
Craig
Yep, a Dust Deputy or similar works a treat...

IMG_2669.jpg

Not a particularly elegant solution, but it works. The collection bin is an old air tight fish food bucket which has been reinforced half way down with a plywood hoop; without it the bucket is prone to collapse under the suckage...which is a lot :D - Rob

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpg
    IMG_2669.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 751
I have the same system as woodbloke which works well, I connect the cyclone to the 51mm inlet, and switch to the 100mm when using the thicknesser, just wondering if the adaptor is as effective as it could save me some footprint in a tiny space

The cyclone adaptor for the 356mm Axminster NVD750, being connected directly to the machine is more effective that a remote unit as it has less pipework to contend with, it does its job of keeping dust off the filters.

One other advantage of the cyclone adaptor to fit the NVD750 is due to the inlet being above the base unit, the drum capacity is increased, instead of only being able to fill up to the underside of the existing inlets, the whole of the drum can be filled without compromising the filters.

I presume you just remove it to use the 100mm inlet as normal. Last stupid question, how tall is the cyclone unit?

You don't have to remove it, just block the inlet and use the 100mm one, as too how tall it is, I have not idea, but about 500/600mm, my workshop is in France and I am not there until tomorrow, I will check and post details.

if that makes the total unit 5-600mm taller, thats a non-starter for me i think. looking at the photos i would guess 300mm max. Then I wonder, if my tools are 63mm extraction (except Thicknesser) is it better to step up from 51mm or step down from 100mm, if the latter then i dont see much point in it i guess. of course the festool gear would be a step down from the 51mm.

Back