NT sanding plates.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AESamuel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used the NT sanding plates? I'm wondering if they are as good as they look, what sort of finish they leave on soft and hard wood, real-world grit equivalents etc.
Can you go from the fine plate to a finish like shellac or are you going to have to finish off with a high grit sandpaper anyway?
I recently got a sanding block made by perma-grit and it's absolute rubbish - coarse and "fine" sides are extremely rough and leave very deep scratches.

Many thanks,
Asa

The NT sanding plates are great tools. Their limitations are based on the availability of fine grit replacement plates. Only Tyzack in UK stocks the fine great for 50mm bases.
They’re out of stock!
My recent order was cancelled because of this!

If you have an orbital sander which takes 1/3 sheets then a green nylon kitchen type scouring pad produces amazing results.
I ended up with a finely polished surface on timber after experimenting with the mentioned combination.
The pads are very durable and come in varying degrees of fine/ rough surface texture.
Enjoy its amazing what a finish you will get!

Back