Now what?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the stock was nice. Maybe I'll have to try making one again because the one I had really was terrible. Maybe I did it wrong. :p

Eric - I've never done a direct taste test like that, but *in season* seems to me to be the biggest factor in taste. I'm a bit of an organic-nut though.

As I understand things - wild animals belong to whoever's land they are on.
I can't confirm or deny rumours that I got that information from Danny the Champion of the World (and whether or not I've done reading since then to confirm things) but if a pheasant wandered into our garden and was in season it wouldn't stand a good chance of wandering back out.

BigShot":20la8y5q said:
..... Maybe I'll have to try making one again because the one I had really was terrible. Maybe I did it wrong.....
Sounds like you were not selective enough in cleaning or choice of contents and included the gall bladder contents.

CHJ
I won't say it definitely didn't happen, but I'd be surprised if I did leave something like that in. I'll keep an eye out for that next time though.

Steve - sounds a lot like mine. It was a while back now though so can't be 100% about it.

Always worth checking if a bird has been shot with a heavy load cartridge that the internals have not been damaged. If they have then be extra vigilant on the rinse out of the carcase in case the gall bladder has been shattered.

It'd been hit by a car. A broken wing was the worst damage and the organs were in good order. Either way I gave it a thorough cleaning.
I do wonder if I missed something or the wrong thing ended up in the stock pot though.

Back