Now the Monsoon is Over....the Bootfairs this weekend.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to point out that after what allegedly amounted to 4" (in old drips) of rain last night...I was totally amazed that there would be any bootfairs this morning...but there was! So while Annie was selling a huge selection of old radios from previous purchases for me...raising "tool buying" funds...ALFIE did a wander with me in tow! :mrgreen:

I did the top table browsing while he did the under table and cardboard box sniffing...and we found this little lot....

DSC_1845.JPG

I'll let ALFIE explain...

Dad got this lump of cast iron...with sharp bits which we took back to Mum....

DSC_1846.JPG

I helped by pulling Dad every so often to remind him where she was...apparently I had to watch out in case he dropped it...

Next he got one of these....

DSC_1847.JPG

Apparently this only cost a few nuggets :oops: (I'll get me dog coat!)

This box was 50p for putting things in...in our workshop...

DSC_1848.JPG

Apparently getting this which I sniffed out in an old box...means we save a lot of money this month...

DSC_1849.JPG

...and I don't have to go to the vet anymore! :shock:

This is who made it...

DSC_1850.JPG

That...and these.....

DSC_1855.JPG

....which stop drips...like me Dad....and this

DSC_1853.JPG

...by these people....

DSC_1854.JPG

....all for a quid...which is less than Mum paid for my chews today! :mrgreen:

I also found in the same box one of these for a pound (not dog pound you understand! 8) ) ...

DSC_1851.JPG

...which is a Yankee apparently....and finally...I really must not pull on my lead when Dad is buying these...

DSC_1856.JPG

...because being made by this man....

DSC_1859.JPG

...they are as sharp as my teeth!

DSC_1858.JPG

Mum wasn't very happy when Dad said they cost £20...until he bought her a vacuum cleaner...

I don't understand women! :mrgreen:

What did your dogs get today?

Lots of Love.....

ALFIE!

Nice hole punch did it come with any other punches and dies or just the one in it?

Hey, I'm Alfie too!

014-4.jpg

My Dad has got a gob on 'cos there were no boot sales again this week, and he's jealous about all the good stuff you got, but he does like the little jointer, ask your Dad who made it?

Tom K":2r98nm6h said:
Nice hole punch did it come with any other punches and dies or just the one in it?

Hi Tom....

Even though I checked the whole junk box of technical bits out...I could not find the other bits...sadly it only has one but it cuts beautiful holes in solid stainless steel a few mil thick...amazing device and the pressure is incredible!

These things are about £90 to buy complete...shame it isn't!

Your ALFIE is really sweet Scouse!....aren't dogs fantastic! I told a lady who was looking at my ALFIE today that he was for sale. Only 50p! She looked at me aghast until I told her his collar was a grand! :mrgreen:

Jim

Hi Alfie, That's a nice haul.

Could you ask your dad if I could borrow that microscope to look at the possibilities of there being a boot sale this morning after last nights weather forecast? Good lad.

I'm fed up of this weather - I'm starting to get webbed feet again. :|

Richard T":2ppwpf0f said:
Hi Alfie, That's a nice haul.

Could you ask your dad if I could borrow that microscope to look at the possibilities of there being a boot sale this morning after last nights weather forecast? Good lad.

I'm fed up of this weather - I'm starting to get webbed feet again. :|

Well it's raining Cats and Dogs here Richard...this is why we went yesterday...but you could try Spain.... :mrgreen:

Barkalona? :oops:

I'll get me lead......... :mrgreen:

Jim

i was given one of these,

9856_RW5handPunch_400p_1_1255959506_151.jpg

its great and punches nice holes :lol:

some nice buys there Jim any more info on the planer?

Regarding the planer, this recent thread was about a remarkably similar model and some of the discussion there might help identify it.

Jim's one:
DSC_1846.JPG

Lowlife's one:

IMAG0341.jpg

Yes Chris and Kirk....I was amazed at the power of that tool...it certainly is well made and there is no way something with a shoddy casting would take the tons of pressure that must be exerted on that small tip. I am sure it will come in very handy.

I knew I'd seen that planer somewhere before...a few months back indeed but I recall that thread. There was a suggestion by XY that is might be Arcoy but not because it wasn't read.

I stripped the horrible blue paint off it this afternoon and underneath is another darker blue and under that.......was red!

So it might be. The only casting mark is 2767 on the base of one of the tables...just a casting number...no maker's name at all yet.

The cutter block is pretty solid and well made...but the bearings are phosphor bronze and are a bit worn. I have a motor that might suit but I need to get it cleaned up a bit first then I can test it before painting it. The cast iron beds came up a treat with Corro-Dip though! I will post some pictures later.

Jim

On the jointer--err, planer, I know a guy who collects them (at least the 4" models):

jointerwallrm7.jpg

Known as the GWOJ, or Great Wall of Jointers, owned by Jamie Norwood. He'd probably be interested in yours, though since he's in Texas the shipping may be prohibitive.

Kirk

=Adam=":zy2kob3z said:
How are those planers powered?

They look pretty cool!

I want one :p

Just get a motor, belt, and the right size pulley, and away you go.:)

I think Jamie was given a lot of these once he started collecting. 4" jointers are pretty much considered toys anymore, and most folks don't want to be bothered with restoring an old one. I still use the one I have, though--it's great for smaller parts.

Kirk

Back