Now that's what I call a table saw!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably a good job that I'm in another country or I would be tempted, I have the space for it and 3 phase. There's still 2 days left though so I imagine the bids will go a good deal higher than the £410 it's at now.

No photos or feedback though and no paypal or credit card payments. I'd definitely want to view beforehand.

--------------
Simon

Yep I would want to see it run and cut timber, but if its built anything like my AGS it will go on for years.

Fundamentally then BGP is a BGS with a much larger table, but they in turn are very similar to the AGS - the "B" variants were the onres with sliding tables. These models were replaced by the AGSP, SP12/CP12, CP25 and CP32 in the late 70s/early 80s (I bought an early AGSP in 1984) and if you find one like this it will be 20+ to 45+ years old (they appeared in the 1950s). From experience I can tell you that panel saws lead a very hard life and I've never seen a second-hand BGP yet which wasn't on its last legs :( . Over the last few years I've seen them run as low as £250 (plus VAT) at auction - dealers simply don't want them, especially as so few were made with scorers - which is what would really make them saleable. Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than £500 for one - better to save-up and buy an Altendorf like this: http://www.mueller-minden.de/maschinen2/artikelbilder/vorschau/387_001_p1010006.jpg

Scrit

Back